MH370 Did Not Crash? Investigation Team Now Says Plane Possibly Landed Somewhere Else Instead of Ending in Ocean
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 22, 2014 10:29 PM EST
International team searching for the possible debris of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has now finally conceded that the plane might not really have crashed in the Indian Ocean after all.
The team, which is now looking at the likelihood of starting from the scratch in hopes of solving this extraordinary mystery, has said that they are soon going to look into the possibility that the plane has landed somewhere else, instead of ending in ocean.
This comes after desperate attempts to locate the debris and the possible black box from the missing plane which has, until now, been assumed to have crashed somewhere in the Southern Indian Ocean, has not yet yielded any results. Now the investigating officials have said that they might ultimately give up looking at the ocean and possibly scrap the entire idea that it ever crashed into the ocean.
What this means is that, the International team will now focus its attention to and take seriously, the various theories and rumors doing its rounds in the Internet that the plane could have been actually hijacked and landed somewhere.
"We may have to regroup soon to look into this possibility if no positive results come back in the next few days," sources within the team that is based in Kuala Lumpur told the New Straits Times.
"The thought of it landing somewhere else is not impossible, as we have not found single debris that could be linked to MH370," the source told the newspaper.
"However, the possibility of a specific country hiding the plane when more than 20 nations are searching for it, seems absurd," the sources said adding that it is possible that the ill-fated plane could have crash landed somewhere in a remote location.
This comes only weeks after a member of a Russian intelligence was quoted by a Newspaper as saying that all passengers of missing flight MH370 are alive and that the plane was in fact, hijacked by a terrorist called 'Hitch', and has landed in Afghanistan.
A source in Russia's FSB secret service reportedly said that the plane was hijacked and flown close to the Afghan-Pakistan border and all people aboard the plane are currently being held hostage. The source added that the passengers were divided into seven groups and are living in mud huts with almost no food. 20 passengers who were Asian have been smuggled into a bunker in Pakistan. The report had also said that the terrorist are possibly seeking to bargain with either America or China.
On Monday, the sources from the investigation team told the New Straits Times that they had, after all, used data from satellites to come to conclusion that the plane might have crashed in the ocean. They said that the theory of 'crash', however, might have to be scrapped all together, as the information seems to hold no truth.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS