NBA Playoffs East First Round – Game 2: Brooklyn Nets vs. Toronto Raptors Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 22, 2014 10:23 PM EST
The battlecry “F--- Brooklyn!” didn’t quite work for the Toronto Raptors. The Brooklyn Nets visited the North and promptly invaded it with a stirring Game One win to steal the homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
The Nets won to the tune of 94-87 shutting up Raptors General Manager Masai Ujiri, who shouted the expletive in a Toronto rally before the opening game. Ujiri was fined $25,000 for the act and already apologized for the incident.
“You know how I feel, I don’t like them, I apologize,” Ujiri said in a press conference. “I apologize it was the wrong choice of words out there.”
“I apologize to the kids out there and the Brooklyn guys, nothing against them, I was just trying to get our fans going.”
Brooklyn is more than glad for the extra motivation however. They were fired up off the gates outscoring the Raptors, 29-21 in the opening quarter of the opening game. They staved off the Toronto’s repeated rallies and held on to the victory.
Deron Williams and Joe Johnson paced the Nets with 24 points apiece. Johnson added 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals. Paul Pierce contributed 15 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists for Brooklyn, which held the Raptors to just 39.4 per cent shooting (28/71 FG) and 34.4 per cent (8/23 3FG) from behind the arc.
Kyle Lowry had 22 points, 7 rebounds and 8 assists but had 5 turnovers. Jonas Valanciunas had a big double-double of 17 points and 18 rebounds.
Watch Game 1 of the Brooklyn-Toronto series via NBA League Pass.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+4.5) vs. Toronto Raptors (O/U: 188.0)
Gametime: 9:30 am AEDT
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games on the road
- The Nets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Nets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. East teams
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games in the first round of the NBA Playoffs
- The Raptors are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. East teams
- The Raptors are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft