NBA Playoffs East First Round – Game 2: Brooklyn Nets vs. Toronto Raptors Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 22, 2014 10:23 PM EST
The battlecry “F--- Brooklyn!” didn’t quite work for the Toronto Raptors. The Brooklyn Nets visited the North and promptly invaded it with a stirring Game One win to steal the homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
The Nets won to the tune of 94-87 shutting up Raptors General Manager Masai Ujiri, who shouted the expletive in a Toronto rally before the opening game. Ujiri was fined $25,000 for the act and already apologized for the incident.
“You know how I feel, I don’t like them, I apologize,” Ujiri said in a press conference. “I apologize it was the wrong choice of words out there.”
“I apologize to the kids out there and the Brooklyn guys, nothing against them, I was just trying to get our fans going.”
Brooklyn is more than glad for the extra motivation however. They were fired up off the gates outscoring the Raptors, 29-21 in the opening quarter of the opening game. They staved off the Toronto’s repeated rallies and held on to the victory.
Deron Williams and Joe Johnson paced the Nets with 24 points apiece. Johnson added 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals. Paul Pierce contributed 15 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists for Brooklyn, which held the Raptors to just 39.4 per cent shooting (28/71 FG) and 34.4 per cent (8/23 3FG) from behind the arc.
Kyle Lowry had 22 points, 7 rebounds and 8 assists but had 5 turnovers. Jonas Valanciunas had a big double-double of 17 points and 18 rebounds.
Watch Game 1 of the Brooklyn-Toronto series via NBA League Pass.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+4.5) vs. Toronto Raptors (O/U: 188.0)
Gametime: 9:30 am AEDT
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games on the road
- The Nets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Nets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. East teams
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games in the first round of the NBA Playoffs
- The Raptors are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. East teams
- The Raptors are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More