NBA Playoffs East First Round – Game 2: Brooklyn Nets vs. Toronto Raptors Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 22, 2014 10:23 PM EST
The battlecry “F--- Brooklyn!” didn’t quite work for the Toronto Raptors. The Brooklyn Nets visited the North and promptly invaded it with a stirring Game One win to steal the homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven series.
NBA: Playoffs-Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
The Nets won to the tune of 94-87 shutting up Raptors General Manager Masai Ujiri, who shouted the expletive in a Toronto rally before the opening game. Ujiri was fined $25,000 for the act and already apologized for the incident.
“You know how I feel, I don’t like them, I apologize,” Ujiri said in a press conference. “I apologize it was the wrong choice of words out there.”
“I apologize to the kids out there and the Brooklyn guys, nothing against them, I was just trying to get our fans going.”
Brooklyn is more than glad for the extra motivation however. They were fired up off the gates outscoring the Raptors, 29-21 in the opening quarter of the opening game. They staved off the Toronto’s repeated rallies and held on to the victory.
Deron Williams and Joe Johnson paced the Nets with 24 points apiece. Johnson added 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals. Paul Pierce contributed 15 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists for Brooklyn, which held the Raptors to just 39.4 per cent shooting (28/71 FG) and 34.4 per cent (8/23 3FG) from behind the arc.
Kyle Lowry had 22 points, 7 rebounds and 8 assists but had 5 turnovers. Jonas Valanciunas had a big double-double of 17 points and 18 rebounds.
Watch Game 1 of the Brooklyn-Toronto series via NBA League Pass.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+4.5) vs. Toronto Raptors (O/U: 188.0)
Gametime: 9:30 am AEDT
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games on the road
- The Nets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Nets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. East teams
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games in the first round of the NBA Playoffs
- The Raptors are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. East teams
- The Raptors are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier