Premier League News: United Boss Sacked, Temporary Replacement Announced
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 22, 2014 8:40 PM EST
Manchester United have made official the sacking of manager David Moyes after taking the helm at Old Trafford for almost nine months.
Manchester United announced David Moyes' sacking on their Website
The Scot mentor was not able to meet expectations after taking the place of living legend Sir Alex Ferguson in July.
The Red Devils are bereft of form this season as they were eliminated in the quarter-final stage of the Champions League, while failing to secure a ticket to Europe's most prestigious tournament since its inception, as they are 13 points behind fourth-placed Arsenal with only three more games to play.
Moreover, the circumstances were aggravated by early exits from domestic cup competitions.
"The club would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role," the club posted on its Website.
Meanwhile, long-serving first-team veteran, Ryan Giggs, will oversee the squad's affairs on a temporary basis.
"Following the departure of David Moyes as manager, Manchester United has announced that Ryan Giggs, the club's most decorated player, will assume responsibility for the first team until a permanent appointment can be made," read another statement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists