Premier League News: United Boss Sacked, Temporary Replacement Announced
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 22, 2014 8:40 PM EST
Manchester United have made official the sacking of manager David Moyes after taking the helm at Old Trafford for almost nine months.
Manchester United announced David Moyes' sacking on their Website
Liverpool FC Transfer News: Agent of Reds Striker in Talks with Real Madrid for £90million Summer Move
The Scot mentor was not able to meet expectations after taking the place of living legend Sir Alex Ferguson in July.
The Red Devils are bereft of form this season as they were eliminated in the quarter-final stage of the Champions League, while failing to secure a ticket to Europe's most prestigious tournament since its inception, as they are 13 points behind fourth-placed Arsenal with only three more games to play.
Moreover, the circumstances were aggravated by early exits from domestic cup competitions.
"The club would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role," the club posted on its Website.
Meanwhile, long-serving first-team veteran, Ryan Giggs, will oversee the squad's affairs on a temporary basis.
"Following the departure of David Moyes as manager, Manchester United has announced that Ryan Giggs, the club's most decorated player, will assume responsibility for the first team until a permanent appointment can be made," read another statement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers