Miley Cyrus-Liam Hemsworth Back On? Aussie Actor Reaches Out to Former Fiancée
By Keerthi Mohan | April 22, 2014 7:49 PM EST
Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus might have called off their engagement and gone their separate ways, but the Australian actor still cares for his former fiancée.
Reports have it that Hemsworth reached out to Cyrus soon after she was hospitalized following a reaction to an antibiotic.
“Liam still cares about Miley. He was extremely worried when he heard Miley was hospitalized, so he got in touch to find out how she is … They didn’t work out as a couple, but he still wants to know that she’s okay,” a source told Showbiz Spy.
Cyrus and Hemsworth called it quits last year after dating for almost four years. Although the duo did not divulge the reasons for going their separate ways, multiple reports stated that it was due to the former Disney actress’ wild-child ways.
Her transformation from a Disney teen idol to pop music’s bad girl did not go down well with Hemsworth, and the last straw with Cyrus’ controversial MTV Video Music Awards performance with “Blurred Lines” singer Robin Thicke, reports indicated.
“Liam really does care about Miley, but her racy new look and sort of ghetto attitude isn’t exactly what he signed up for,” a friend of the actor told Radar Online at the time. “Her VMA performance absolutely mortified him and he couldn’t be more embarrassed. He doesn’t really see anything sexy about what she did on stage.”
“It’s not just Liam that Miley is pushing away…his entire team is urging him to part ways with her because she’s nothing but negative for his reputation and career,” the source alleged.
“Liam is a serious actor with a growing career, while Miley has just turned into a joke.”
Although the couple has since broken up, Cyrus recently told UK’s Love magazine that they still keep in touch. The 21-year-old said that she had been with Hemsworth since she was 16 and nothing will make her not love him.
“I’ve known this guy all that time and if it doesn’t work out I can still smile and love him and he can love me and that’s great, that’s the way to be,” she said, according to HollywoodLife.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Admits Butting Heads With Kim Kardashian And Reveals Plans To Move Out
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet