GTA 5 Online: Infinite Money Glitch takes Content Creator Offline; GTA 5 PC Petition Inching Close to 700,000 Signatures – What Next?
By Aditya Bhat | April 22, 2014 7:47 PM EST
GTA Online's Content Creator has been taken offline by developer Rockstar Games after a glitch that allowed players to make infinite money was noticed. The Content Creator was a recent feature that was introduced in the online multiplayer version of the hugely popular and successful video game, GTA 5.
Infinite Money Glitch pushes Content Creator offline.
With the help of the infinite money glitch, players were able to get easy access to infinite money for buying vehicles, upgrades, apartments, and clothes, Attack of the Fanboy reported. (See Also: GTA 5 Online: High Life Update 1.13 Release Date; Metal Gear Solid 5 Trailer Recreated)
Rockstar reportedly had no other way but to take the Content Creator offline as it was directly linked to the exploit. Rockstar Games has a strict policy on cheating in-game but for players, making the extra money is always helpful with the progress as money trickles very slowly in GTA Online.
"Access to the GTA Online Creator has been temporarily disabled to stop the spread of a new exploit... We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to make the Creator available again as soon as possible," said a post on Rockstar's Support page.
Rockstar has promised that the Content Creator tool will be online "soon." Content Creator is a feature in GTA Online that allows players to create their own custom maps in Race, Deathmatches and Capture modes. These maps have to be later put through testing and can be published as a Job. Rockstar might verify the Job created by the players and publishes the list on Rockstar Newswire. The Content Creator was launched on 12 December, 2013.
Check out the Glitch Video below:
(YouTube Courtesy: Trevstutorials)
GTA 5 PC Petition Inching Close 700,000 Signatures
The online petition by some of PC gamers to have GTA 5 on PC is closing in on at a staggering 700,000 signatures mark. Presently, the petition has been signed by 693,795 online supporters wanting a PC version of the popular open-world game, GTA 5.
The online petition in Change.org for the game, asks on Rockstar Games to consider a GTA 5 release on PC, "GTA games have been a large part of so many people's lives and it's a big shame not seeing the newest iteration of the game being released on the most powerful platform," reads the petition.
GTA 5 was released on 17 September, 2013 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It has shipped more than 32.5 million units.
Rumors and leaked information has suggested that a PC version might be released in 2014. But apart from Dan Houser, cofounder of Rockstar Games, saying that a PC versions is "up for consideration," there have been not comments by the developer on the game's development or affirmation of a PC release. Reports have also suggested that the game might be released only for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
PC fans and players can only wait and see if Rockstar will reveal something at the upcoming E3 2014 in June.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- ‘Minecraft’ Buyout By Microsoft Complete as Mojang's Notch Says His Farewell
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date