'Man of Steel 2' aka 'Batman vs Superman': Release Date, Cast and Hans Zimmer's Music Score Details
By Sonam Malik | April 22, 2014 6:59 PM EST
"Man of Steel 2" tentatively titled as "Batman vs Superman" is slated to release on May 6, 2016. The film is will feature popular superheroes including Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. Reportedly, the superhero trio will be seen fighting against each other and against Lex Luther in the film.
Actors Ben Affleck , Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will form the cast of the film.
In an interesting piece of news earlier this week it was even revealed that Hans Zimmer will return to compose music for Zack Snyder's upcoming Man of Steel sequel.
"We've already had a couple of chats, and once I finish the movie that I shall not talk about I will probably head over to where Zack is shooting his movie and just hang out a bit and see if we can come up with any ideas," Zimmer told Digital Spy.
Much recently Zimmer scored music for Oscar winner "Twelve Years A Slave" and "Amazing Spider Man 2". Zimmer had even given music to Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy. However, he believes that the music for "Man of Steel 2" has to be much different from "Dark Knight" as both the films have varied themes.
"That's my problem, that's my dilemma," he said. "I don't want to betray, if that's the right word, the 'Dark Knight' movies. That was Christian, it was Christian's role. It's not just that it was nine years of our lives so you want to stay honest and honorable to that period. So it's really about, 'Is there something else I can find that I haven't tapped into?' Which I don't know until I sit down with Zack."
Meanwhile, in his recent interview with Forbes, Snyder revealed how he got the idea of "Batman vs Superman."
"After Man Of Steel finished and we started talking about what would be in the next movie, I started subtly mentioning that it would be cool if he faced Batman. In the first meeting, it was like, 'Maybe Batman?" he said.
"Man of Steel 2" would be facing stiff competition from "Captain America 3" when it hits theatres in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’