Moto E to Come in a Thinner Body And Affordable Price Point - Rumors
By Judith Aparri | April 22, 2014 6:31 PM EST
Motorola reportedly plans to launch another affordable smartphone with a thinner body through Moto E. The company has been successful with its affordable mid-range smartphone Moto G. The upcoming Moto E is now starting to be in the leaks before its official announcement.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
With Moto X, Motorola is supposed to alter the spectrum of smartphone with Moto Maker service, a feature which allows users to customize its handset's rear and front with various colors to make them unique to the user. Moto X did not live up the expectation,but it was its maker's modest success.
Then came Motorola's Moto G, which is a Moto X copycat with lower specs and price. It has become its best smartphone in sales since its launch in November. Thanks to its decent performance at an affordable price point.
Xataka Mexico said Moto E will feature specs similar to Moto G, but will be more compact and thinner in terms of build. With this, the tech industry already has an idea of what the upcoming Motorola smartphone will be.
The leak in Xataka Mexico reveals a 4.2-inch and 720p display for Moto E, including 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 4 GB storage, 5 MP camera, 1 GB RAM, 1900 mAh battery and 1 GB RAM. Moto E will also ship with a microSD slot to expand storage.
Compared to the specs of Moto G, the screen is slightly smaller, the storage is half, fewer processor cores and battery that is less than 10 percent in capacity. Moto E will be available in white or black but customizable with the use of back plate snaps in various colors. Its body is 6.2 mm thick while Moto G is 11.6 mm. Moto G retails at $200.
It was also in Mexico where Motorola rolled out Moto G Forte, the "rugged" variant of Moto G, which is actually the same but with a grip shell. This shows how important market is Mexico to Motorola.
Worth mentioning is the report Moto E will be launched first in Mexico and roll out to other regions after. There is still no reports if it will be available in the U.S. but considering Moto G has been doing great in the U.S., there is a big possibility.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced