Moto E to Come in a Thinner Body And Affordable Price Point - Rumors
By Judith Aparri | April 22, 2014 6:31 PM EST
Motorola reportedly plans to launch another affordable smartphone with a thinner body through Moto E. The company has been successful with its affordable mid-range smartphone Moto G. The upcoming Moto E is now starting to be in the leaks before its official announcement.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
With Moto X, Motorola is supposed to alter the spectrum of smartphone with Moto Maker service, a feature which allows users to customize its handset's rear and front with various colors to make them unique to the user. Moto X did not live up the expectation,but it was its maker's modest success.
Then came Motorola's Moto G, which is a Moto X copycat with lower specs and price. It has become its best smartphone in sales since its launch in November. Thanks to its decent performance at an affordable price point.
Xataka Mexico said Moto E will feature specs similar to Moto G, but will be more compact and thinner in terms of build. With this, the tech industry already has an idea of what the upcoming Motorola smartphone will be.
The leak in Xataka Mexico reveals a 4.2-inch and 720p display for Moto E, including 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 4 GB storage, 5 MP camera, 1 GB RAM, 1900 mAh battery and 1 GB RAM. Moto E will also ship with a microSD slot to expand storage.
Compared to the specs of Moto G, the screen is slightly smaller, the storage is half, fewer processor cores and battery that is less than 10 percent in capacity. Moto E will be available in white or black but customizable with the use of back plate snaps in various colors. Its body is 6.2 mm thick while Moto G is 11.6 mm. Moto G retails at $200.
It was also in Mexico where Motorola rolled out Moto G Forte, the "rugged" variant of Moto G, which is actually the same but with a grip shell. This shows how important market is Mexico to Motorola.
Worth mentioning is the report Moto E will be launched first in Mexico and roll out to other regions after. There is still no reports if it will be available in the U.S. but considering Moto G has been doing great in the U.S., there is a big possibility.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]