Apple Release Roundup: iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iMac and 2014 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Release Q3
By Precious Silva | April 22, 2014 6:05 PM EST
Apple will reportedly release its major products in the third quarter of this year. According to Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities, people can expect the newest Apple products to hit stores this Q3. Among these include the iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, cheaper iMacs and 2014 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. There are also additional products for release including the iWatch. What can people expect?
Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook speaks about the new iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retnia display during an Apple event in San Francisco, California October 22, 2013.
Apple Insider obtained a research note from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. According to the analyst, Apple will likely have a big third quarter for 2014. The company may release its refreshed iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPhone 6 and iWatch at that time. Likewise, Kuo also noted that the tech giant will likely relase the 12-inch MacBook Air and refreshed MacBook Pro within the same period.
Kuo believes that the third quarter of the year will be the most crucial for Apple. The company plans on releasing not just new products but also new product categories. The market will see if Apple's venture to other device formats and design factor will pay off.
"We believe the rumored iWatch will be Apple's most important product this year, carrying much more weight than iPhone 6," Kuo said in the research note.
"As market feedback for the product should reveal whether Apple still has the ability to continue making game-changing products with Tim Cook at the helm." He added.
Kuo predicts that if Apple succeeds in its iWatch bid then the company will no longer just compete with tech companies, it will also be a player in the fashion industry. Kuo thinks that Apple's success this year will rely on several factors. These include replacement demand for a phablet iPhone, success of minor upgrades for iPad, sales potential of cheaper iMacs, user experience of the new 12-inch MacBook Air and integration of Apple TV with Apple Store.
"Compared with lower-margin iPad mini with Retina display, which shipments has been tepid, higher-margin iPad Air was a hot selling item in 4Q13, which will slow Apple in developing new iPad mini models. We believe Apple plans to launch upgraded iPad Air early this year, and will accelerate development of 12.9in iPad." Kuo noted.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='6' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=6 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine