Google Nexus 6 Release to Come in November With Two Variants
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 22, 2014 5:51 PM EST
Google Nexus 6 release date will most likely happen in November and expected to come in two variants.
Latest reports claimed Google was working on a budget hanset that was less than $100 than the normal Nexus smartphones. This hinted Google may come up with two models of upcoming Google Nexus 6.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
Concept video of Nexus 6, uploaded on YouTube by CTNtechnologynews.
According to Trusted Reviews, Google has teamed up with MediaTek to build and launch a smartphone. The mid-range device would be equipped with MediaTek's low-cost processors, which mean the device will feature a quadcore processor despite its budget price tag.
Sources suggested this device would be launched alongside Nexus 6 2014 flagship rather than replace it, offering a more wallet-friendly option for those with more conservative budgets.
Meanwhile, the report also cited Tech Cocktail which predicted the new handset will pack a rear camera of 18 to 20 MP and HDR mode. This is a huge jump from the 8 MP back camera packed in Google Nexus 5.
Aside from an impressive camera, Google Nexus 6 will also pack the next Android 4.5 Lollypop, which will be announced in the tech event. Also, the Nexus smartphone will sport a 3,200 mAh battery and dustproof and waterproof features.
Other Google Nexus 6 rumored features include the 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset clocked at 3 GHz, 5.2-inch full-HD, curved LCD display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass, 3 GB RAM, 13 MP camera, 5 MP front-facing camera, Bluetooth, NFC, micro-USB, Wi-Fi and 4G.
It remains unconfirmed but Google Nexus 6 will be manufactured by LG Electronics, which has been Google's partner in making the last two Nexus handsets.
Consumers can assume Nexus 6 will be roughly based on LG G3's specifications. There were also early reports that either HTC or Motorola-Lenovo will take the helm in making the Nexus smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight