Happy Earth Day: Google Doodle Pays Ode to Environment; Best Quotes Revealed
By Sonalee singh | April 22, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Happy Earth Day!
April 22 is celebrated as Earth Day in more then 192 countries since 1970. To commemorate the event Google has created an interactive Google Doodle. The doodle is one of the best moving illustrations to come out from American giant's arsenal. It shows a host of animals, all of them wishing the viewer Happy Earth day.
As soon as the users go to Google homepage a colorful hummingbird could be seen flapping her colorful wings at the speed of light. Along with flapping her wings she is also seen sucking nectar from flowers. Next comes a pair of monkeys who are seen cozying with each other in the snowy landscape.
Then there is a jellyfish moving upside down in the black and white background, there is dung beetle trying to roll over the ball of animal manure, a bloated, rotating puffer fish and a chameleon sitting on a tree branch.
Celebrating Earth Day is one of the ways to remind people about the importance of protecting the environment. Initiatives are taken around the world to go green, so that earth could be saved from Global warming.
Here are few of the best quotes for Earth Day:
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." -John James Audubon
"The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share." -Lady Bird Johnson
"The good man is the friend of all living things." -Gandhi
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." -John Muir
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." -Albert Einstein
"An understanding of the natural world and what's in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." -David Attenborough
"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." -David Attenborough
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report