Happy Earth Day: Google Doodle Pays Ode to Environment; Best Quotes Revealed
By Sonalee singh | April 22, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Happy Earth Day!
April 22 is celebrated as Earth Day in more then 192 countries since 1970. To commemorate the event Google has created an interactive Google Doodle. The doodle is one of the best moving illustrations to come out from American giant's arsenal. It shows a host of animals, all of them wishing the viewer Happy Earth day.
As soon as the users go to Google homepage a colorful hummingbird could be seen flapping her colorful wings at the speed of light. Along with flapping her wings she is also seen sucking nectar from flowers. Next comes a pair of monkeys who are seen cozying with each other in the snowy landscape.
Then there is a jellyfish moving upside down in the black and white background, there is dung beetle trying to roll over the ball of animal manure, a bloated, rotating puffer fish and a chameleon sitting on a tree branch.
Celebrating Earth Day is one of the ways to remind people about the importance of protecting the environment. Initiatives are taken around the world to go green, so that earth could be saved from Global warming.
Here are few of the best quotes for Earth Day:
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." -John James Audubon
"The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share." -Lady Bird Johnson
"The good man is the friend of all living things." -Gandhi
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." -John Muir
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." -Albert Einstein
"An understanding of the natural world and what's in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." -David Attenborough
"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." -David Attenborough
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced