Happy Earth Day: Google Doodle Pays Ode to Environment; Best Quotes Revealed
By Sonalee singh | April 22, 2014 5:23 PM EST
Happy Earth Day!
April 22 is celebrated as Earth Day in more then 192 countries since 1970. To commemorate the event Google has created an interactive Google Doodle. The doodle is one of the best moving illustrations to come out from American giant's arsenal. It shows a host of animals, all of them wishing the viewer Happy Earth day.
As soon as the users go to Google homepage a colorful hummingbird could be seen flapping her colorful wings at the speed of light. Along with flapping her wings she is also seen sucking nectar from flowers. Next comes a pair of monkeys who are seen cozying with each other in the snowy landscape.
Then there is a jellyfish moving upside down in the black and white background, there is dung beetle trying to roll over the ball of animal manure, a bloated, rotating puffer fish and a chameleon sitting on a tree branch.
Celebrating Earth Day is one of the ways to remind people about the importance of protecting the environment. Initiatives are taken around the world to go green, so that earth could be saved from Global warming.
Here are few of the best quotes for Earth Day:
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." -John James Audubon
"The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share." -Lady Bird Johnson
"The good man is the friend of all living things." -Gandhi
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." -John Muir
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." -Albert Einstein
"An understanding of the natural world and what's in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment." -David Attenborough
"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." -David Attenborough
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares