April-Lee Gillen Update: Australian Teen's Family Calls for Help, Facebook Post Suggests Assault, Not Accident?
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 22, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Teenage girl Arpil-lee Gillen was the latest victim of a hit-and-run tragedy, which happened around 1 a.m. on April 22. Her last Facebook post contains clues and indications of events leading to her current condition at a hospital's ICU. Her family has turned to social media channels, hoping to find answers on what happened to the young woman.
17-year-old April-lee Gillen, a resident of Berkeley in Australia, was found in a bloodied state after being speculated to be hit-and-run in the streets of Northcliffe Drive in Lake Heights, South of Wollongong just past midnight. According to the residents who first found April, she was already bleeding bad from head injuries.
Local policemen who came to the scene addressed the case as a hit-and-run. Neighbors mentioned of hearing a loud bang few minutes only after April-lee was found. Information on the cause of the accident has not yet concluded, as investigation is ongoing. But April-lee's Facebook post suggests there is more to the case than just hit and run.
April's last Facebook message goes: "Phones on 1 percent walking from warrawong to berks and some Asian guy just stopped me telling me to come home with him cause it's safe and I need help wtf sos," reported by Megan Levy of The Sydney Morning Herald. In current investigations, there might have been a foul play between April and the last person she encountered. The accident may have happened shortly after April posted her situation on Facebook.
What's important for the Gillen family at the moment is April's recovery. Their family is calling out for any help on April's case.
Telephone lines are open for any additional witness information about the incident. Feel free to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3