April-Lee Gillen Update: Australian Teen's Family Calls for Help, Facebook Post Suggests Assault, Not Accident?
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 22, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Teenage girl Arpil-lee Gillen was the latest victim of a hit-and-run tragedy, which happened around 1 a.m. on April 22. Her last Facebook post contains clues and indications of events leading to her current condition at a hospital's ICU. Her family has turned to social media channels, hoping to find answers on what happened to the young woman.
17-year-old April-lee Gillen, a resident of Berkeley in Australia, was found in a bloodied state after being speculated to be hit-and-run in the streets of Northcliffe Drive in Lake Heights, South of Wollongong just past midnight. According to the residents who first found April, she was already bleeding bad from head injuries.
Local policemen who came to the scene addressed the case as a hit-and-run. Neighbors mentioned of hearing a loud bang few minutes only after April-lee was found. Information on the cause of the accident has not yet concluded, as investigation is ongoing. But April-lee's Facebook post suggests there is more to the case than just hit and run.
April's last Facebook message goes: "Phones on 1 percent walking from warrawong to berks and some Asian guy just stopped me telling me to come home with him cause it's safe and I need help wtf sos," reported by Megan Levy of The Sydney Morning Herald. In current investigations, there might have been a foul play between April and the last person she encountered. The accident may have happened shortly after April posted her situation on Facebook.
What's important for the Gillen family at the moment is April's recovery. Their family is calling out for any help on April's case.
Telephone lines are open for any additional witness information about the incident. Feel free to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Surge in UFO Sightings in Queensland Observed; Gold Coast 'Hot Spot' of UFO Encounters
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones