Box Office Collections: 'Race Gurram' is Allu Arjun's Biggest Earner, Beats 'Julayi' Total Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 22, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Allu Arjun-Shruti Haasan's family entertainer "Race Gurram" has continued to perform well in overseas markets even in its second week.
Race Gurram poster (Facebook/Race Gurram)
The film has minted ₹7.42 crore at the end of the second weekend (10 days) in the United States. In its second weekend, "Race Gurram" grossed $245,726 from 53 screens and the film's 10-day gross amounts to $1,227,881at the US box office.
"Race Gurram" has surpassed Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" collections in the US. "Queen" minted ₹7.21 crore ($1,192,882) at the end of the seventh weekend. However, "Race Gurram" has surpassed the collections in just 10 days.
The film is also performing better than other new releases including "Bhoothnath Returns" ($77.38 lakh in 10 days) and "Main Tera Hero" ($1.18 crore in 17 days).
"Telugu film #RaceGurram is extraordinary in USA. Total after Wknd 2: $ 1,227,881 [Rs 7.42 crores]. OUTSTANDING! Source: Rentrak," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Race Gurram" India collections
The family entertainer is reportedly the biggest hit in Allu Arjun's career.
The film is doing fantastic business in India as well. It has minted over ₹29 crore share in AP/Nizam areas, while the film's worldwide collections (10 days) stand at over ₹39 crore share.
The Surender Reddy directorial is estimated to have earned around ₹80 lakh share on its 11th day at the AP/Nizam area, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
With the inclusion of the 11th day collections, "Race Gurram" has crossed the ₹40-crore mark at the worldwide box office. The film has beaten Allu Arjun's "Julayi" full run collections, which amounts to ₹40 crore.
"Race Gurram" has become Allu Arjun's biggest earner so far. The film is expected to continue its good run at the box office as there are no big releases in the coming days. It remains to be seen if the film will be able to cross the ₹50-crore mark at the worldwide box office.
Photo Credit: Facebook/Race Gurram
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia