Box Office Collections: 'Race Gurram' is Allu Arjun's Biggest Earner, Beats 'Julayi' Total Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 22, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Allu Arjun-Shruti Haasan's family entertainer "Race Gurram" has continued to perform well in overseas markets even in its second week.
Race Gurram poster (Facebook/Race Gurram)
The film has minted ₹7.42 crore at the end of the second weekend (10 days) in the United States. In its second weekend, "Race Gurram" grossed $245,726 from 53 screens and the film's 10-day gross amounts to $1,227,881at the US box office.
"Race Gurram" has surpassed Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" collections in the US. "Queen" minted ₹7.21 crore ($1,192,882) at the end of the seventh weekend. However, "Race Gurram" has surpassed the collections in just 10 days.
The film is also performing better than other new releases including "Bhoothnath Returns" ($77.38 lakh in 10 days) and "Main Tera Hero" ($1.18 crore in 17 days).
"Telugu film #RaceGurram is extraordinary in USA. Total after Wknd 2: $ 1,227,881 [Rs 7.42 crores]. OUTSTANDING! Source: Rentrak," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Race Gurram" India collections
The family entertainer is reportedly the biggest hit in Allu Arjun's career.
The film is doing fantastic business in India as well. It has minted over ₹29 crore share in AP/Nizam areas, while the film's worldwide collections (10 days) stand at over ₹39 crore share.
The Surender Reddy directorial is estimated to have earned around ₹80 lakh share on its 11th day at the AP/Nizam area, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
With the inclusion of the 11th day collections, "Race Gurram" has crossed the ₹40-crore mark at the worldwide box office. The film has beaten Allu Arjun's "Julayi" full run collections, which amounts to ₹40 crore.
"Race Gurram" has become Allu Arjun's biggest earner so far. The film is expected to continue its good run at the box office as there are no big releases in the coming days. It remains to be seen if the film will be able to cross the ₹50-crore mark at the worldwide box office.
Photo Credit: Facebook/Race Gurram
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report