Box Office Collections: 'Race Gurram' is Allu Arjun's Biggest Earner, Beats 'Julayi' Total Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 22, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Allu Arjun-Shruti Haasan's family entertainer "Race Gurram" has continued to perform well in overseas markets even in its second week.
Race Gurram poster (Facebook/Race Gurram)
The film has minted ₹7.42 crore at the end of the second weekend (10 days) in the United States. In its second weekend, "Race Gurram" grossed $245,726 from 53 screens and the film's 10-day gross amounts to $1,227,881at the US box office.
"Race Gurram" has surpassed Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" collections in the US. "Queen" minted ₹7.21 crore ($1,192,882) at the end of the seventh weekend. However, "Race Gurram" has surpassed the collections in just 10 days.
The film is also performing better than other new releases including "Bhoothnath Returns" ($77.38 lakh in 10 days) and "Main Tera Hero" ($1.18 crore in 17 days).
"Telugu film #RaceGurram is extraordinary in USA. Total after Wknd 2: $ 1,227,881 [Rs 7.42 crores]. OUTSTANDING! Source: Rentrak," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Race Gurram" India collections
The family entertainer is reportedly the biggest hit in Allu Arjun's career.
The film is doing fantastic business in India as well. It has minted over ₹29 crore share in AP/Nizam areas, while the film's worldwide collections (10 days) stand at over ₹39 crore share.
The Surender Reddy directorial is estimated to have earned around ₹80 lakh share on its 11th day at the AP/Nizam area, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
With the inclusion of the 11th day collections, "Race Gurram" has crossed the ₹40-crore mark at the worldwide box office. The film has beaten Allu Arjun's "Julayi" full run collections, which amounts to ₹40 crore.
"Race Gurram" has become Allu Arjun's biggest earner so far. The film is expected to continue its good run at the box office as there are no big releases in the coming days. It remains to be seen if the film will be able to cross the ₹50-crore mark at the worldwide box office.
Photo Credit: Facebook/Race Gurram
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness