Box Office Collections: 'Race Gurram' is Allu Arjun's Biggest Earner, Beats 'Julayi' Total Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 22, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Allu Arjun-Shruti Haasan's family entertainer "Race Gurram" has continued to perform well in overseas markets even in its second week.
Race Gurram poster (Facebook/Race Gurram)
The film has minted ₹7.42 crore at the end of the second weekend (10 days) in the United States. In its second weekend, "Race Gurram" grossed $245,726 from 53 screens and the film's 10-day gross amounts to $1,227,881at the US box office.
"Race Gurram" has surpassed Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" collections in the US. "Queen" minted ₹7.21 crore ($1,192,882) at the end of the seventh weekend. However, "Race Gurram" has surpassed the collections in just 10 days.
The film is also performing better than other new releases including "Bhoothnath Returns" ($77.38 lakh in 10 days) and "Main Tera Hero" ($1.18 crore in 17 days).
"Telugu film #RaceGurram is extraordinary in USA. Total after Wknd 2: $ 1,227,881 [Rs 7.42 crores]. OUTSTANDING! Source: Rentrak," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Race Gurram" India collections
The family entertainer is reportedly the biggest hit in Allu Arjun's career.
The film is doing fantastic business in India as well. It has minted over ₹29 crore share in AP/Nizam areas, while the film's worldwide collections (10 days) stand at over ₹39 crore share.
The Surender Reddy directorial is estimated to have earned around ₹80 lakh share on its 11th day at the AP/Nizam area, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
With the inclusion of the 11th day collections, "Race Gurram" has crossed the ₹40-crore mark at the worldwide box office. The film has beaten Allu Arjun's "Julayi" full run collections, which amounts to ₹40 crore.
"Race Gurram" has become Allu Arjun's biggest earner so far. The film is expected to continue its good run at the box office as there are no big releases in the coming days. It remains to be seen if the film will be able to cross the ₹50-crore mark at the worldwide box office.
Photo Credit: Facebook/Race Gurram
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect