Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Test Model Lands in India; Launch Expected Soon
By Rohit KVN | April 22, 2014 4:22 PM EST
Though the South Korean company has publically denied working on a premium Galaxy S5 model, Samsung's 2K-display Galaxy S5 model along with other yet-to-be announced devices have reportedly landed in India for testing.
The logo of Apple Inc is reflected on the back of a Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone in this photo illustration taken in Beijing June 5, 2013.
Samsung community website, SamMobile while leafing through the data base of Zauba.com, an Indian based export-import logistic company has stumbled upon the rumored Galaxy S5 Prime models -SM-GS906K and SM-GS906S reportedly shipped from South Korea to India for R&D purposes.
The website says the SM-GS906S and SM-GS906K are carrier specific models of South Korean based SK Telecom and KT Telecom, indicating the devices might get released initially in the home market.
According to a past report, Galaxy S5 Prime is expected to feature 5.2-inch screen with 2560x1440p display resolutions and test was conducted under Android v4.4.2 OS powered by the new 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 series quad-core processor backed by Adreno 420 graphics engine, 3GB RAM and 32GB (25GB available) inbuilt storage. It is also said to boast a 16.0-megapixel main camera and a 2.0-megapixel front camera, both capable of taking full HD video.
Besides Galaxy S5 Prime models, Zauba.com database listed SM-G800F (economic variant: Galaxy S5 Neo), SM-G870A (rugged variant: Galaxy S5 Active), SM-Z9005, the company's first Tizen OS powered smartphone, SM-W750V (Ativ SE), Samsung's Windows Phone OS based smartphone which got released in USA earlier this month. [To view the digital document, click here]
Going by the report, Samsung is likely to launch multiple Galaxy S5 models this year, much like its predecessor, Galaxy S4 which had numerous variants based on build quality, camera, processor chips, screen size and more.
Samsung Galaxy K (aka Galaxy S5 Zoom), a camera-centric model has been already teased by the company and is set to debut at 'Samsung Media Day' on 29 April at Red Dot Design Museum, Singapore.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery