It's Official: Rani Mukerji Marries Aditya Chopra at Private Ceremony in Italy; Shah Rukh, Karan Johar, Uday Chopra Wish Couple
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 22, 2014 4:05 PM EST
After months of speculation, actress Rani Mukerji has finally tied the knot with YRF scion Aditya Chopra.
The actress got married to Chopra on Monday, 21 April in a private affair in Italy.
Rani Mukerji Marries Aditya Chopra in Intimate Italy Ceremony
"We are happy to announce that Mr. Aditya Chopra and Ms. Rani Mukerji got married last night on 21st April in Italy. The wedding was a very small intimate affair with very close family and friends," read an official statement from YRF.
The actress too released a statement and thanked fans for their love and blessings.
"I would like to share the happiest day of my life with all my fans all over the world whose love and blessings have been part of my journey all these years. I know that all my well-wishers who have waited for this day will be really happy for me," Mukerji said.
"It was a beautiful wedding in the Italian countryside with just a few of our close family and friends with us. The one person I missed terribly was Yash Uncle, but I know he was there with us in spirit and his love and blessings will always be with Adi and me. I have always believed in fairy-tales and with God's grace my life has been exactly like one, and now as I enter the most important chapter of my life - the fairy-tale continues."
Mukerji and Chopra's Italy wedding was a private affair for only close set of friends and family and one among them was filmmaker Karan Johar. Johar, who has been a childhood friend of Chopra and has cast Mukerji in his major films posted on Twitter on Tuesday, "And finally....Mr and Mrs Chopra....Love you both...."
Chopra's younger brother and actor Uday Chopra too extended welcome to the actress as he posted, "We welcome Rani Chopra to the family...lots of love to the newly weds."
YRF's favourite actor and Mukherji's "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" co-star, Shah Rukh Khan also wished the couple with a warm message.
May Allah bless my friends Rani & Adi. May u enjoy the small things my friends for in the end they r the big things. Happy union...love you.
— SHAH RUKH KHAN (@iamsrk) April 22, 2014
Previous reports suggested that the actress had zeroed in on Jodhpur's Umaid Bhawan Palace for their lavish wedding with 10 February as their wedding date. But the reports eventually proved to be false.
The couple had reportedly wanted to wed back in 2012, but postponed their plans when Chopra's father and legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra passed away in October 2012, prior to the release of his last film "Jab Tak Hai Jaan."
Mukerji and Chopra's romantic link up became public when the producer sought divorce from his first wife Payal Khanna. The former couple eventually separated on 2009.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet