Miley Cyrus' Godmother Dolly Parton Wants Miley to Put an End to Nudity and Bizarre Acts
By nidhi tewari | April 22, 2014 3:41 PM EST
Miley Cyrus' godmother singer Dolly Parton is worried about her. Miley Cyrus is currently in hospital battling an allergic reaction to certain antibiotics and has even cancelled the remaining tour of United States. But Dolly is more worried about Miley's health in general and her "bizarre" acts.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
"I hoping that she holds it in the road and doesn't do so many things that are that bizarre," says Parton in an exclusive interview with London's The Sun newspaper, Fox News reports. Dolly, who became Miley's godmother in 1992, is worried that the singer's antics will overshadow her talent of singing and wants Miley to put a stop on her nudity, twerking moves and drugs.
The legendary musician also revealed that Miley turned to her when she became really annoyed of her image as a Hannah Montana and expressed her desire to "murder" Hannah and show the world the real Miley.
"One day, she'd had enough and told me: 'I need to murder Hannah Montana in order for people to accept who I really am," Parton told the newspaper. "I think she felt she had to make that severe a change. And she obviously did."
Although Parton loves Miley she does not appreciate her raunchy videos and bizarre acts and admits it "frightens" her.
"It's kind of frightening. I know every generation has their own thing. But, of course, I'm an old timer - I don't want them to get so far gone that it's all about sex and violence," Dolly revealed.
Miley's recent illness has made her fans and supporters worried. The 21-year-old's hospitalization has even panicked her ex-fiancé Liam Hemworth, who has reportedly reached out to the "Wrecking Ball" songstress. According to Showbizspy.com, Liam reached out to Miley to know if she was doing fine. He got really worried about Miley's health when he came to know that Miley is in the hospital.
"He was extremely worried when he heard Miley was hospitalized, so he got in touch to find out how she is... They didn't work out as a couple, but he still wants to know that she's okay," a source close to the couple told the Web site.
Miley has lots of well-wishers and supporters to guide her and show her the right directions. Do you think that this phase of illness in Miley's life will give her time to introspect that whatever she is doing is wrong and she needs to change herself?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales