‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4: Jeoffrey's Muderer Revealed, Jaime & Cersei’s Controversial Sex Examined
By Riza Ornos | April 22, 2014 3:39 PM EST
HBO's "Game of Thrones" "The Breaker of Chains" has proved to be a fitting aftermath of Joffrey's "Purple Wedding" and shocking death. The recent episode also revealed the King of Iron Throne's murderer as it picks up some pieces and put other essential characters together, including the reunion of Jamie and Cersei to mourn their child's death.
So the million dollar question is who is the man behind Joffrey's death? Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish revealed that he orchestrated Joffrey's death as he smashed Sansa's necklace which contained the poison named the Strangler, the poison the ended the Joffrey's reign.
But now everybody is wondering why Littlefinger went an enormous lengths to kill the king and to free Sansa from King's Landing. By profession he is a businessman and soon enough he wants a payment and fans of the show will not going to like it.
Although fans from the seven continents and seven kingdoms are rejoicing from the king's tragic end, Margaery whose only dream is to be the queen is notably more shellshocked than her grandmother. "One of my husbands preferred the company of men and was stabbed through the chest. Another was happiest torturing animals and was poisoned at our wedding feast. I must be cursed," says the disappointed queen.
But Lady Olenna, the Queen of Thorns, offered her a valuable advice and said, "Nonsense! Your circumstances have improved markedly."
Jaime & Cersei's Controversial Sex Examined
Born out of incest, Joffrey is the first child of the twin brother and sister Jamie and Cersie and on his death bed the two decided to have sex. Played by Lena Headey and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, fans of the show are trying to make sense of the show's recent sex scene and asked if it was rape or with consent.
Based on the episode's director Alex Graves, the sex scene was "consensual by the end" while Vulture's Margaret Lyons said that it was rape. So to make the record straight Vulture talked to Graves about the controversial sex scene to get his side of the story.
"What was talked about was that it was not consensual as it began, but Jaime and Cersei, their entire sexual relationship has been based on and interwoven with risk," Graves explained. "And Jaime is very much ready to have sex with her because he hasn't made love to her since he got back, and she's sort of cajoled into it, and it is consensual. Ultimately, it was meant to be consensual. [The writers] tried to complicate it a little more with her rejecting his new hand and the state of things."
Watch out for the "Game of Thrones" season 4, episode 4 "Oathbreaker" on Sunday, April 27.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’