‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4: Jeoffrey's Muderer Revealed, Jaime & Cersei’s Controversial Sex Examined
By Riza Ornos | April 22, 2014 3:39 PM EST
HBO's "Game of Thrones" "The Breaker of Chains" has proved to be a fitting aftermath of Joffrey's "Purple Wedding" and shocking death. The recent episode also revealed the King of Iron Throne's murderer as it picks up some pieces and put other essential characters together, including the reunion of Jamie and Cersei to mourn their child's death.
So the million dollar question is who is the man behind Joffrey's death? Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish revealed that he orchestrated Joffrey's death as he smashed Sansa's necklace which contained the poison named the Strangler, the poison the ended the Joffrey's reign.
But now everybody is wondering why Littlefinger went an enormous lengths to kill the king and to free Sansa from King's Landing. By profession he is a businessman and soon enough he wants a payment and fans of the show will not going to like it.
Although fans from the seven continents and seven kingdoms are rejoicing from the king's tragic end, Margaery whose only dream is to be the queen is notably more shellshocked than her grandmother. "One of my husbands preferred the company of men and was stabbed through the chest. Another was happiest torturing animals and was poisoned at our wedding feast. I must be cursed," says the disappointed queen.
But Lady Olenna, the Queen of Thorns, offered her a valuable advice and said, "Nonsense! Your circumstances have improved markedly."
Jaime & Cersei's Controversial Sex Examined
Born out of incest, Joffrey is the first child of the twin brother and sister Jamie and Cersie and on his death bed the two decided to have sex. Played by Lena Headey and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, fans of the show are trying to make sense of the show's recent sex scene and asked if it was rape or with consent.
Based on the episode's director Alex Graves, the sex scene was "consensual by the end" while Vulture's Margaret Lyons said that it was rape. So to make the record straight Vulture talked to Graves about the controversial sex scene to get his side of the story.
"What was talked about was that it was not consensual as it began, but Jaime and Cersei, their entire sexual relationship has been based on and interwoven with risk," Graves explained. "And Jaime is very much ready to have sex with her because he hasn't made love to her since he got back, and she's sort of cajoled into it, and it is consensual. Ultimately, it was meant to be consensual. [The writers] tried to complicate it a little more with her rejecting his new hand and the state of things."
Watch out for the "Game of Thrones" season 4, episode 4 "Oathbreaker" on Sunday, April 27.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?