4 Must-Have Upgrades We’d Want to See on iPhone 6 Release Date
By Erik Pineda | April 22, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Dani Yako via Concept-Phones
iPhone 6 Concept Image by Dani Yako
The hardware that Apple will pack with the regular iPhone and its phablet sibling is in the upscale level that surely will bring into life the devices' incredible functionalities - four of which are provided below:
Smarter features galore
Touted as a powerhouse, any of the iPhone 6 versions should be able to accommodate huge feature jumps from the previous iterations. One of which is better battery management that will stretch operating hours.
For sure, the next iPhone will enjoy higher battery capacity, especially the phablet model, but a smarter power application that is hardwired within iOS 8 will better complement the upgrade. Such tool will intuitively adjust the power mode relative to usage pattern - the main object is to juice up the device as long as possible in a single charge.
Always on hand-off features like a fully functioning voice command will also be very much appreciated, which by the way is already a standard feature on most flagship Android devices such as the Nexus 5, LG G2 and Moto X.
Killer camera features
Some would say the 13MP plus main sensor found on Android smartphones will easily overwhelm the 8MP shooter that is rumoured for the iPhone 6. Experts say the same megapixel level should be sufficient in producing quality pics and clips for most iPhone users.
However, there has to be more power tools within the iPhone camera mechanism that would aid Apple fans into producing top quality videos and images. The answer to this is a killer camera app that Apple should rollout with iOS 8.
Fully integrated biometric functions
There is no arguing that Touch ID on the iPhone 5S is merely the start of the next big thing from Apple. Apple introduced fingerprint device unlocking in the 5S last year and the competition quickly followed.
In the iPhone 6, biometric in mobile devices should be a step higher and one possibility is the integration of the same feature that will make it easier to perform online transactions while enjoying robust security at the same time.
Tougher iPhone shell
It is no secret that the iPhone is found almost everywhere in the planet, even in war zones. Acknowledging this, Apple is reportedly housing the 5S sequel in a virtually indestructible Liquidmetal casing.
For good measure or to make the iPhone 6 as fresh as when it was first unboxed, sapphire will also be allegedly used not only as glass cover but also as coating for the entire body. The purpose is to make the device free from nicks and scuffs during its supposedly stretched lifecycle.
And to serve as icing to the cake, why not the same element proofing that Sony and Samsung had introduced earlier with their respective flagships. Certainly, adventurous iPhone users will welcome the extra protection from dust and liquid intrusions as they move around with the water-repelling iPhone 6.
Hopefully, these premium features will make the final cut on iPhone 6 release date, which for the regular 4.7-inch build is likely on early September 2014. The bigger 5.5-inch model is not expected until this year's holiday quarter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists