Canadian Woman Killed by Father While Trying to Park SUV in Hospital
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 22, 2014 1:54 PM EST
Tammy Conley, a 54-year-old Canadian woman got killed by her own father while he was trying to park his car. She was run over by her 79-year-old father on Saturday, April 19. The horrific incident left the family in shock and regret.
According to CTV News, the accident took place when Ms Conley's elderly father was trying park his SUV outside the Civic campus of the Ottawa Hospital. Her mother was at the hospital while she, along with her father and 15-year-old daughter, went to the hospital to drop a birthday card.
According to police, Ms Conley's father apparently was at the wheel. While he was trying to parallel park, he hit the car parked behind him. It was when Ms Conley ran from the sidewalk and came in front of her father's car. Her father accelerated forward all of a sudden and hit her along with another vehicle. The car eventually stopped on a lawn. According to witness John Collins, Ms Conley's daughter Samantha saw it all and screamed. Even though paramedics rushed in immediately and revived Ms Conley, she later succumbed to her wounds.
Ms Conley's husband Brad called the accident "terrible" as he said that it felt like their heart had "been ripped off." Brad has been married to Ms Conley for the last 24 years. He seemed devastated by the accident. He told CTV Ottawa that it was "not supposed to be this way." He said that Ms Conley was the "best mother and wife." "There was no love" like that of Ms Conley, he said. He also said that his father-in-law who hit his own daughter to death was not doing well, while Samantha did not speak much after the accident. He said that he did not know how a father would feel after killing his own daughter.
Ms Conley was a funeral director in Trenton for over 30 years. Along with her daughter, she also has an 18-year-old son named Mason.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Baby Gammy Will Be Australian Citizen Soon
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows