Canadian Woman Killed by Father While Trying to Park SUV in Hospital
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 22, 2014 1:54 PM EST
Tammy Conley, a 54-year-old Canadian woman got killed by her own father while he was trying to park his car. She was run over by her 79-year-old father on Saturday, April 19. The horrific incident left the family in shock and regret.
According to CTV News, the accident took place when Ms Conley's elderly father was trying park his SUV outside the Civic campus of the Ottawa Hospital. Her mother was at the hospital while she, along with her father and 15-year-old daughter, went to the hospital to drop a birthday card.
According to police, Ms Conley's father apparently was at the wheel. While he was trying to parallel park, he hit the car parked behind him. It was when Ms Conley ran from the sidewalk and came in front of her father's car. Her father accelerated forward all of a sudden and hit her along with another vehicle. The car eventually stopped on a lawn. According to witness John Collins, Ms Conley's daughter Samantha saw it all and screamed. Even though paramedics rushed in immediately and revived Ms Conley, she later succumbed to her wounds.
Ms Conley's husband Brad called the accident "terrible" as he said that it felt like their heart had "been ripped off." Brad has been married to Ms Conley for the last 24 years. He seemed devastated by the accident. He told CTV Ottawa that it was "not supposed to be this way." He said that Ms Conley was the "best mother and wife." "There was no love" like that of Ms Conley, he said. He also said that his father-in-law who hit his own daughter to death was not doing well, while Samantha did not speak much after the accident. He said that he did not know how a father would feel after killing his own daughter.
Ms Conley was a funeral director in Trenton for over 30 years. Along with her daughter, she also has an 18-year-old son named Mason.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Volunteer Teen Rapes Orphans during Mission Trip
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal