Minecraft Candy Texture Pack Now Out, PS4 and Xbox One Version Discussed and Featured Mods
By Gel Galang | April 22, 2014 1:53 PM EST
The much-awaited Minecraft Candy Texture pack, which will transform your world into the pastel-coloured wonderland fit for Willy Wonka has already been released.
4J Studios has recently announced the Candy Texture pack alongside a couple of screenshots, showcasing the candy wonderland of pinks and purples. They have also linked a pretty sweet view of the candy land textures, so be sure to check that out to know what you are getting.
Aside from announcing the Minecraft Candy Texture pack, 4J Studios has given a slight update on their current projects on their Twitter account.
"The main thing we're working on is Minecraft Editions for Xbox One, PS4 and PS Vita, and Patch 1.06 for PS3."
The last tease that 4J Studios has given for these projects was in a screenshot following a celebration of 70% sale over at XBLA, though fans have cleverly deduced that there was more to the screenshot of the dark rum, as what appears to be a Minecraft PS4 edition snapshot is seen in the TV behind it.
The Patch 1.06 for the PS3 has also been hinted to have a couple of texture and skin packs for the PS3, which would be something to look forward to. Other fans have also been speculating that Minecraft TU16 for the Xbox 360 and Patch 1.06 for PS3 will bring a number of updates, though the developer has not yet specified what exactly these may be.
The Redstone paste mod
For the mod in focus, Minecraft Forum has spotted a new mod that features the red stone as the main player.
The new mode, dubbed the Redstone Paste Mod from FyberOptic, allows players to make use of a new redstone material that will let you transmit signals across various surfaces. The use of the paste is what makes the difference. Compared to the redstone, which has very limited capacity and placement, the redstone paste can be applied on any surface of the block face, so you can direct redstone current in a direction you want.
The source also states that, unlike redstone wiring, where you would have to tear down the whole thing for an update or fix, you now have to only improve one small section of the structure.
Hit the link for the mod source and start exploring what you can do with the Redstone Paste. It has the recipe for crafting the pieces of paste, as well as the necessary components to get you started.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 7 New Video Games Set To Be Released On Sept. 2, 2014 Including ‘Warframe,’ 'Sims 4' And 'Dance Central Spotlight' [WATCH VIDEOS]
- A Curved Screen And 3G Connectivity Features of the Samsung’s Gear S Smartwatch
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged