Minecraft Candy Texture Pack Now Out, PS4 and Xbox One Version Discussed and Featured Mods
By Gel Galang | April 22, 2014 1:53 PM EST
The much-awaited Minecraft Candy Texture pack, which will transform your world into the pastel-coloured wonderland fit for Willy Wonka has already been released.
4J Studios has recently announced the Candy Texture pack alongside a couple of screenshots, showcasing the candy wonderland of pinks and purples. They have also linked a pretty sweet view of the candy land textures, so be sure to check that out to know what you are getting.
Aside from announcing the Minecraft Candy Texture pack, 4J Studios has given a slight update on their current projects on their Twitter account.
"The main thing we're working on is Minecraft Editions for Xbox One, PS4 and PS Vita, and Patch 1.06 for PS3."
The last tease that 4J Studios has given for these projects was in a screenshot following a celebration of 70% sale over at XBLA, though fans have cleverly deduced that there was more to the screenshot of the dark rum, as what appears to be a Minecraft PS4 edition snapshot is seen in the TV behind it.
The Patch 1.06 for the PS3 has also been hinted to have a couple of texture and skin packs for the PS3, which would be something to look forward to. Other fans have also been speculating that Minecraft TU16 for the Xbox 360 and Patch 1.06 for PS3 will bring a number of updates, though the developer has not yet specified what exactly these may be.
The Redstone paste mod
For the mod in focus, Minecraft Forum has spotted a new mod that features the red stone as the main player.
The new mode, dubbed the Redstone Paste Mod from FyberOptic, allows players to make use of a new redstone material that will let you transmit signals across various surfaces. The use of the paste is what makes the difference. Compared to the redstone, which has very limited capacity and placement, the redstone paste can be applied on any surface of the block face, so you can direct redstone current in a direction you want.
The source also states that, unlike redstone wiring, where you would have to tear down the whole thing for an update or fix, you now have to only improve one small section of the structure.
Hit the link for the mod source and start exploring what you can do with the Redstone Paste. It has the recipe for crafting the pieces of paste, as well as the necessary components to get you started.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China