Minecraft Candy Texture Pack Now Out, PS4 and Xbox One Version Discussed and Featured Mods
By Gel Galang | April 22, 2014 1:53 PM EST
The much-awaited Minecraft Candy Texture pack, which will transform your world into the pastel-coloured wonderland fit for Willy Wonka has already been released.
4J Studios has recently announced the Candy Texture pack alongside a couple of screenshots, showcasing the candy wonderland of pinks and purples. They have also linked a pretty sweet view of the candy land textures, so be sure to check that out to know what you are getting.
Aside from announcing the Minecraft Candy Texture pack, 4J Studios has given a slight update on their current projects on their Twitter account.
"The main thing we're working on is Minecraft Editions for Xbox One, PS4 and PS Vita, and Patch 1.06 for PS3."
The last tease that 4J Studios has given for these projects was in a screenshot following a celebration of 70% sale over at XBLA, though fans have cleverly deduced that there was more to the screenshot of the dark rum, as what appears to be a Minecraft PS4 edition snapshot is seen in the TV behind it.
The Patch 1.06 for the PS3 has also been hinted to have a couple of texture and skin packs for the PS3, which would be something to look forward to. Other fans have also been speculating that Minecraft TU16 for the Xbox 360 and Patch 1.06 for PS3 will bring a number of updates, though the developer has not yet specified what exactly these may be.
The Redstone paste mod
For the mod in focus, Minecraft Forum has spotted a new mod that features the red stone as the main player.
The new mode, dubbed the Redstone Paste Mod from FyberOptic, allows players to make use of a new redstone material that will let you transmit signals across various surfaces. The use of the paste is what makes the difference. Compared to the redstone, which has very limited capacity and placement, the redstone paste can be applied on any surface of the block face, so you can direct redstone current in a direction you want.
The source also states that, unlike redstone wiring, where you would have to tear down the whole thing for an update or fix, you now have to only improve one small section of the structure.
Hit the link for the mod source and start exploring what you can do with the Redstone Paste. It has the recipe for crafting the pieces of paste, as well as the necessary components to get you started.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia