New HBO Ads Released: A Solution to Watch 'Game of Thrones' Sex Scenes without All the Awkward Family Moments [Watch Video]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 22, 2014 1:30 PM EST
Do you watch TV with your parents and suddenly feel like you're watching porn with them? Just might be the case, particularly when the characters start having sex. So to get past all those awkward family moments every time characters jump into a hot sex scene, HBO released new ads that might solve a teen's worst nightmare.
The new HBO ads are set to capture and dramatize the most horrible part of sitting in front of the TV while shows like "Game of Thrones" and "True Detective" are getting steamy on screen.
To all the "Game of Thrones" fans, HBO presented a TV spot titled "First Cousins." The spot was a reenactment of two teenagers sitting in the living room with their parents. The scene suddenly moved to Jaime Lannister and Cersei Lannister getting ready for a steamy scene and people can make out how awkward it was to all of them. The ad then pointed out that the new streaming service HBO Go will permit the users to enjoy watching TV "far, far away" from their parents.
"We wanted a younger audience to realize why HBO Go is useful beyond the incredible library of programming it contains, so emotionally, the reason became HBO Go let's you avoid watching HBO with your parents. With that premise we just let go and let the experience and comedy take over," SS+K chief Creative Officer Bobby Hershfeld said in a creativy-online.com report.
According to the ads, HBO Go is the solution to every teenager's problem as it allows the user to watch shows on their devices. But according to TIME, there had been a series of "deadpan ads" that argue about the streaming service almost being more important than moms. In addition to that, the company's CEO Richard Pepler even said that he "doesn't care" if people share their passwords to use the said service.
But even though there haven't been features released for the streaming, the streaming service "has crashed multiple times this spring due to high demand for shows like True Detective and Game of Thrones," TIME reported.
WATCH: HBO Go "Game of Thrones: First Cousins" [Source]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect