New HBO Ads Released: A Solution to Watch 'Game of Thrones' Sex Scenes without All the Awkward Family Moments [Watch Video]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 22, 2014 1:30 PM EST
Do you watch TV with your parents and suddenly feel like you're watching porn with them? Just might be the case, particularly when the characters start having sex. So to get past all those awkward family moments every time characters jump into a hot sex scene, HBO released new ads that might solve a teen's worst nightmare.
The new HBO ads are set to capture and dramatize the most horrible part of sitting in front of the TV while shows like "Game of Thrones" and "True Detective" are getting steamy on screen.
To all the "Game of Thrones" fans, HBO presented a TV spot titled "First Cousins." The spot was a reenactment of two teenagers sitting in the living room with their parents. The scene suddenly moved to Jaime Lannister and Cersei Lannister getting ready for a steamy scene and people can make out how awkward it was to all of them. The ad then pointed out that the new streaming service HBO Go will permit the users to enjoy watching TV "far, far away" from their parents.
"We wanted a younger audience to realize why HBO Go is useful beyond the incredible library of programming it contains, so emotionally, the reason became HBO Go let's you avoid watching HBO with your parents. With that premise we just let go and let the experience and comedy take over," SS+K chief Creative Officer Bobby Hershfeld said in a creativy-online.com report.
According to the ads, HBO Go is the solution to every teenager's problem as it allows the user to watch shows on their devices. But according to TIME, there had been a series of "deadpan ads" that argue about the streaming service almost being more important than moms. In addition to that, the company's CEO Richard Pepler even said that he "doesn't care" if people share their passwords to use the said service.
But even though there haven't been features released for the streaming, the streaming service "has crashed multiple times this spring due to high demand for shows like True Detective and Game of Thrones," TIME reported.
WATCH: HBO Go "Game of Thrones: First Cousins" [Source]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares