Pot Party at 420 and Medical Marijuana Legalization: Bane or Boon?
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 22, 2014 1:11 PM EST
As thousands of hippies in pot party spirit flock to the 420 International Day of Celebration at Mount Royal in Denver, Colorado at the legalization of medical marijuana in 20 states in United States of America, the debate burns hotly as the looser group tries to combat this new law.
The Greenleaf Compassion Center in New Jersey received a permit to begin growing medicinal marijuana.
Those who attended the 420 gathering were able to purchase edible goods like peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies that contains about half gram of marijuana for just $5. The pot pilgrims basked in the sunshine as they savor as large smoke of pot wafted through the air.
While teens enjoyed the large pot session, advocates are pushing higher on their cause that this liquid form of medical marijuana strain called "Charlotte's Web" is beneficial to children with pediatric epilepsy. Parents with children who suffer this illness have taken their move to the states where this medicine is legal.
Democrats and Republicans alike capitalized that kids who have been applied with this medicine have shown positive results. The euphoric feeling associated with marijuana is not observed in Charlotte's web for the growers of this plant have removed most of the THC component.
In a report from WISTV, Republican State Senator from South Carolina Tom Davis stated: "It doesn't really fit into a pigeon hole in terms of 'this is what Democrats' and 'this is what Republicans' are for. I think it's immoral to not allow it."
For the pro-marijuana legalization group, this medicine is even safer than alcohol and is almost impossible to get overdose when ingested. Its legalization will move the plant to the valuable and diverse crop category with the potential of using it for bio-fuel.
The anti-marijuana legalization group is also taking double efforts to curb the legalization of medical marijuana in the states of Florida, Oregon, and Alaska. The Charlotte's Web drug is being pushed to fall under the Schedule 1 category for controlled substances with no medical usage and high risks.
In a news report from CNN, Dr. Sanjay Gupta stated: "I am doubling down on medical marijuana. What they're getting is cookies and candies and ring pops that are targeted at kids. What they thought they were getting was allowing adults to smoke unencumbered in their own basement," he said.
Even the American Cancer Society remained steadfast in its stand that marijuana is dangerous and should remain as illegal drug although it is open for additional research and strategy to utilize it for health purposes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- El Niño Update: 2014 Threat Easing, ‘Unlikely to be a Strong Event’ – Australia BoM
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date