PS4 Hits 7 Million Mark While PlayStation Now Gets More Beta Updates
By Gel Galang | April 22, 2014 1:05 PM EST
While there are fluctuations as to which next-gen console really leads in terms of sales, the PS4 seems to be consistently taking the lead every time the number of sold units are released for both sides.
In the latest numbers game, the PS4 has already tapped its seven million marked for the number of PS4 units sold. However, Geek reports that this does not mean that all of the units have been shipped to their respective owners. It seems that the jump from last month's six million units sold is quite a big jump, considering varying predictions and reports of how the PS4 is slowly losing traction.
On the other hand, Microsoft has revealed that the Xbox One has already been sold five million times in its target countries. Considering that Titanfall has already been out for more than a month, the number may include the units sold alongside the anticipated game. It should be noted that Microsoft is currently holding a number of promos for its Xbox One-Titanfall bundle
Apart from price cuts, there are a number of freebies that are included in the Xbox One-Titanfall bundle, depending on which retailer you plan on buying it from.
PlayStation Now beta gets another update
In terms of the services for the PS4, it seems that the PlayStation Now, which has been in beta mode for quite some time, there has been a change for the titles being offered.
If before, the loading times of the games have been compared, now you can compare the list of games that are available for access via the PlayStation Now beta service. DualShockers has landed the complete list of games that can be accessed via the Gaikai-based service, and it is, without a doubt, an improvement.
You can access the full list in the link above, but some of the more noteworthy titles include GRID, Skullgirls Encore, Saints Row: The Third, Sniper Elite V2 and PixelJunk Shooter 2.
The report has also noticed that a rental system may actually be in place. This works in such a way that you can choose for the time period wherein you can play the game, which can be 30 days, 14 days, or 7 days.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports