PS4 Hits 7 Million Mark While PlayStation Now Gets More Beta Updates
By Gel Galang | April 22, 2014 1:05 PM EST
While there are fluctuations as to which next-gen console really leads in terms of sales, the PS4 seems to be consistently taking the lead every time the number of sold units are released for both sides.
In the latest numbers game, the PS4 has already tapped its seven million marked for the number of PS4 units sold. However, Geek reports that this does not mean that all of the units have been shipped to their respective owners. It seems that the jump from last month's six million units sold is quite a big jump, considering varying predictions and reports of how the PS4 is slowly losing traction.
On the other hand, Microsoft has revealed that the Xbox One has already been sold five million times in its target countries. Considering that Titanfall has already been out for more than a month, the number may include the units sold alongside the anticipated game. It should be noted that Microsoft is currently holding a number of promos for its Xbox One-Titanfall bundle
Apart from price cuts, there are a number of freebies that are included in the Xbox One-Titanfall bundle, depending on which retailer you plan on buying it from.
PlayStation Now beta gets another update
In terms of the services for the PS4, it seems that the PlayStation Now, which has been in beta mode for quite some time, there has been a change for the titles being offered.
If before, the loading times of the games have been compared, now you can compare the list of games that are available for access via the PlayStation Now beta service. DualShockers has landed the complete list of games that can be accessed via the Gaikai-based service, and it is, without a doubt, an improvement.
You can access the full list in the link above, but some of the more noteworthy titles include GRID, Skullgirls Encore, Saints Row: The Third, Sniper Elite V2 and PixelJunk Shooter 2.
The report has also noticed that a rental system may actually be in place. This works in such a way that you can choose for the time period wherein you can play the game, which can be 30 days, 14 days, or 7 days.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy