Singer Kevin Sharp, Best Known for ‘Nobody Knows,’ Dies at 43
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 22, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Kevin Sharp, the country singer who was best known for "Nobody Knows" passed away due to cancer related complications. Sharp was 43 when he passed away.
CNN reported that Sharp was a teenager when he was first diagnosed with cancer. While he was successfully treated, the disease did not come back again. However, the chemotherapy and radiation which he had to undergo during the treatment process caused complications later in his life, according to his mother Elaine Sharp. Ms Sharp said that her son passed away on Saturday April 19 in her California home. Sharp's Web site, on the other hand, stated that his death was "due to ongoing complications from past stomach surgeries and digestive issues." Ms Sharp said that her son had a strong heart. His death relieves him of any more pain, she said.
Sharp was diagnosed with a rare kind of bone cancer when he was in his senior year in high school. Eventually, the disease spread to his lungs. Sharp took the help of the Make-a-Wish Foundation during those days in order to meet songwriter and producer David Foster who became a supportive force for Sharp when he went through his treatment for cancer. It was only in the 90s when Sharp had a record deal while he worked at an amusement park. His "Nobody Knows" eventually became the chart-topper. It was followed by hugely popular numbers like "If You Love Somebody" and "She's Sure Taking It Well".
Sharp made a tattoo of the logo of the Make-A-Wish Foundation on his chest as a tribute to the organisation that remained extremely valuable in his life. Sharp also became a motivational speaker and wrote a book named "Tragedy's Gift." According to his interview with Country Weekly, he was willing to help others to keep hope alive in him, CNN reported.
According to Sharp's Web site, people who want to make a donation in his memory can do so by giving it to the nearest branch of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate