Singer Kevin Sharp, Best Known for ‘Nobody Knows,’ Dies at 43
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 22, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Kevin Sharp, the country singer who was best known for "Nobody Knows" passed away due to cancer related complications. Sharp was 43 when he passed away.
CNN reported that Sharp was a teenager when he was first diagnosed with cancer. While he was successfully treated, the disease did not come back again. However, the chemotherapy and radiation which he had to undergo during the treatment process caused complications later in his life, according to his mother Elaine Sharp. Ms Sharp said that her son passed away on Saturday April 19 in her California home. Sharp's Web site, on the other hand, stated that his death was "due to ongoing complications from past stomach surgeries and digestive issues." Ms Sharp said that her son had a strong heart. His death relieves him of any more pain, she said.
Sharp was diagnosed with a rare kind of bone cancer when he was in his senior year in high school. Eventually, the disease spread to his lungs. Sharp took the help of the Make-a-Wish Foundation during those days in order to meet songwriter and producer David Foster who became a supportive force for Sharp when he went through his treatment for cancer. It was only in the 90s when Sharp had a record deal while he worked at an amusement park. His "Nobody Knows" eventually became the chart-topper. It was followed by hugely popular numbers like "If You Love Somebody" and "She's Sure Taking It Well".
Sharp made a tattoo of the logo of the Make-A-Wish Foundation on his chest as a tribute to the organisation that remained extremely valuable in his life. Sharp also became a motivational speaker and wrote a book named "Tragedy's Gift." According to his interview with Country Weekly, he was willing to help others to keep hope alive in him, CNN reported.
According to Sharp's Web site, people who want to make a donation in his memory can do so by giving it to the nearest branch of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage