Singer Kevin Sharp, Best Known for ‘Nobody Knows,’ Dies at 43
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 22, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Kevin Sharp, the country singer who was best known for "Nobody Knows" passed away due to cancer related complications. Sharp was 43 when he passed away.
CNN reported that Sharp was a teenager when he was first diagnosed with cancer. While he was successfully treated, the disease did not come back again. However, the chemotherapy and radiation which he had to undergo during the treatment process caused complications later in his life, according to his mother Elaine Sharp. Ms Sharp said that her son passed away on Saturday April 19 in her California home. Sharp's Web site, on the other hand, stated that his death was "due to ongoing complications from past stomach surgeries and digestive issues." Ms Sharp said that her son had a strong heart. His death relieves him of any more pain, she said.
Sharp was diagnosed with a rare kind of bone cancer when he was in his senior year in high school. Eventually, the disease spread to his lungs. Sharp took the help of the Make-a-Wish Foundation during those days in order to meet songwriter and producer David Foster who became a supportive force for Sharp when he went through his treatment for cancer. It was only in the 90s when Sharp had a record deal while he worked at an amusement park. His "Nobody Knows" eventually became the chart-topper. It was followed by hugely popular numbers like "If You Love Somebody" and "She's Sure Taking It Well".
Sharp made a tattoo of the logo of the Make-A-Wish Foundation on his chest as a tribute to the organisation that remained extremely valuable in his life. Sharp also became a motivational speaker and wrote a book named "Tragedy's Gift." According to his interview with Country Weekly, he was willing to help others to keep hope alive in him, CNN reported.
According to Sharp's Web site, people who want to make a donation in his memory can do so by giving it to the nearest branch of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS