Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao's Mother Accused of Witchery by Tim Bradley’s Camp?
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 22, 2014 12:26 PM EST
American welterweight fighter Timothy Bradley saw his immaculate record ruined after bowing to eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao in their WBO championship match 2 weeks ago. However, there are reports that Bradley is not happy to learn that his opponent's mother casted a spell on him during the fight.
Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines celebrates his unanimous decision over WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. after their title fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada April 12, 2014. Bradley was previously undefeated.
Having a hard time setting up his counter punches, Bradley tried to hit a home run with a one-punch KO, but to no avail. His blows were not enough to send the Filipino fighter to the canvass.
In the end, Bradley absorbed his first ever career loss since he turned pro in 2004. The Desert Storm vanquished several great boxers such as Devon Alexander, Joel Casamayor, Lamont Peterson, Juan Manuel Marquez and even Pacquiao, though controversially, in their first match. However, the speed of the Pacman was simply too much for him to handle this time around.
Pacman Mother's Voodoo Ritual?
Pacquiao might have reclaimed his spot among boxing elites with a dominant win, but it was his mother who took the spotlight from him that night. Dionesia Pacquiao just could not bear to watch his son going toe-to-toe with the muscular American through 12 brutal rounds, as the intensity of the fight got the best of her.
In arguably the most entertaining moment of the Pay-per-View fight, Pac-Mom was caught reciting a line from a pamphlet and then pointing her fingers towards the ring, as if she was casting a spell on someone.
Dionesia easily became an overnight Internet sensation, but there are still some who did not find Pacquiao mother's action amusing. Moreover, several people even went over the line, calling her a witchcraft practitioner.
That being said, there are also rumours circulating that Bradley's camp is condemning Dionesia's "voodooism." He alleged Pacquiao's mother put a hex on him, causing his calf to hurt and making him disoriented in the later rounds of the fight.
While the validity of the report is under scrutiny, Dionesia cleared in a recent interview that she was just asking divine intervention during the fight, as contrary to reports that she was performing voodoism rites. Pacquiao's mother added that she doesn't know a single witchcraft spell and was even a victim of black magic before.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu