Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao's Mother Accused of Witchery by Tim Bradley’s Camp?
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 22, 2014 12:26 PM EST
American welterweight fighter Timothy Bradley saw his immaculate record ruined after bowing to eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao in their WBO championship match 2 weeks ago. However, there are reports that Bradley is not happy to learn that his opponent's mother casted a spell on him during the fight.
Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines celebrates his unanimous decision over WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. after their title fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada April 12, 2014. Bradley was previously undefeated.
Having a hard time setting up his counter punches, Bradley tried to hit a home run with a one-punch KO, but to no avail. His blows were not enough to send the Filipino fighter to the canvass.
In the end, Bradley absorbed his first ever career loss since he turned pro in 2004. The Desert Storm vanquished several great boxers such as Devon Alexander, Joel Casamayor, Lamont Peterson, Juan Manuel Marquez and even Pacquiao, though controversially, in their first match. However, the speed of the Pacman was simply too much for him to handle this time around.
Pacman Mother's Voodoo Ritual?
Pacquiao might have reclaimed his spot among boxing elites with a dominant win, but it was his mother who took the spotlight from him that night. Dionesia Pacquiao just could not bear to watch his son going toe-to-toe with the muscular American through 12 brutal rounds, as the intensity of the fight got the best of her.
In arguably the most entertaining moment of the Pay-per-View fight, Pac-Mom was caught reciting a line from a pamphlet and then pointing her fingers towards the ring, as if she was casting a spell on someone.
Dionesia easily became an overnight Internet sensation, but there are still some who did not find Pacquiao mother's action amusing. Moreover, several people even went over the line, calling her a witchcraft practitioner.
That being said, there are also rumours circulating that Bradley's camp is condemning Dionesia's "voodooism." He alleged Pacquiao's mother put a hex on him, causing his calf to hurt and making him disoriented in the later rounds of the fight.
While the validity of the report is under scrutiny, Dionesia cleared in a recent interview that she was just asking divine intervention during the fight, as contrary to reports that she was performing voodoism rites. Pacquiao's mother added that she doesn't know a single witchcraft spell and was even a victim of black magic before.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?