Maria Sharapova Stuns in Germany’s Traditional National Costume ‘Tracht’ on Her 27th Birthday
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 22, 2014 10:55 AM EST
Who would have thought that Maria Sharapova could pass for a German?
On April 19, Sharapova celebrated her 27th birthday wearing Germany's traditional national costume "tracht" as she attended the annual Stuttgarter Fruehlingsfest, which is a spring festival and beer garden. The Russian tennis superstar was reportedly in Germany ahead of her forthcoming tournament Porsche Grand Prix, E! Online reported. Sharapova even shared a photo of her wearing the German costume with white and pink accents on Twitter.
More photos of Sharapova's German birthday celebration here.
Aside from celebrating her 27th birthday in German fashion, Sharapova also launched a new flavour from her premiere candy line Sugarpova. Yogurt gummies shaped as 911 Porsche cars were unveiled on the day of her birthday. She calls it "Speedy." Sharapova is reportedly thrilled for the promotion of the new "Speedy" flavour, the Daily Mail reported.
"We are excited to launch Speedy," Sharapova said. "There has never been a candy collection that envelops a luxury experience in such a fun way and accessible way," she added.
"It's thrilling for me to combine my passions in such an unexpected and exciting way," Sharapova chanted.
Sharapova's Sugarpova gummies now has six flavours such as Speedy, Splashy, Cheeky, Silly, Flirty, and Chic. Her boyfriend, Grigor Dimitrov, once revealed in an interview that his favourite of all the flavours is the "Cheeky" one.
Sharapova's Next Tournament
Sharapova will play next in Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, where she is a two-time defending champion. She won the title in 2012 by beating Victoria Azarenka in two straight sets 6-1, 6-4. In 2013, she was able to retain the title when she defeated China's Li Na in two straight sets as well 6-4 6-3. Will Sharapova be able to defend her title in 2014? Sharapova currently is in ninth place of the world rankings.
After playing for the Porche Tennis Grand Prix, Sharapova will compete in three tournaments in May. As posted on her official Web site, she is expected to take part in the Mutua Madrid Open, International BNL d'Italia, French Open, and Wimbledon tournaments.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft