Maria Sharapova Stuns in Germany’s Traditional National Costume ‘Tracht’ on Her 27th Birthday
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 22, 2014 10:55 AM EST
Who would have thought that Maria Sharapova could pass for a German?
On April 19, Sharapova celebrated her 27th birthday wearing Germany's traditional national costume "tracht" as she attended the annual Stuttgarter Fruehlingsfest, which is a spring festival and beer garden. The Russian tennis superstar was reportedly in Germany ahead of her forthcoming tournament Porsche Grand Prix, E! Online reported. Sharapova even shared a photo of her wearing the German costume with white and pink accents on Twitter.
More photos of Sharapova's German birthday celebration here.
Aside from celebrating her 27th birthday in German fashion, Sharapova also launched a new flavour from her premiere candy line Sugarpova. Yogurt gummies shaped as 911 Porsche cars were unveiled on the day of her birthday. She calls it "Speedy." Sharapova is reportedly thrilled for the promotion of the new "Speedy" flavour, the Daily Mail reported.
"We are excited to launch Speedy," Sharapova said. "There has never been a candy collection that envelops a luxury experience in such a fun way and accessible way," she added.
"It's thrilling for me to combine my passions in such an unexpected and exciting way," Sharapova chanted.
Sharapova's Sugarpova gummies now has six flavours such as Speedy, Splashy, Cheeky, Silly, Flirty, and Chic. Her boyfriend, Grigor Dimitrov, once revealed in an interview that his favourite of all the flavours is the "Cheeky" one.
Sharapova's Next Tournament
Sharapova will play next in Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, where she is a two-time defending champion. She won the title in 2012 by beating Victoria Azarenka in two straight sets 6-1, 6-4. In 2013, she was able to retain the title when she defeated China's Li Na in two straight sets as well 6-4 6-3. Will Sharapova be able to defend her title in 2014? Sharapova currently is in ninth place of the world rankings.
After playing for the Porche Tennis Grand Prix, Sharapova will compete in three tournaments in May. As posted on her official Web site, she is expected to take part in the Mutua Madrid Open, International BNL d'Italia, French Open, and Wimbledon tournaments.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation