Maria Sharapova Stuns in Germany’s Traditional National Costume ‘Tracht’ on Her 27th Birthday
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 22, 2014 10:55 AM EST
Who would have thought that Maria Sharapova could pass for a German?
On April 19, Sharapova celebrated her 27th birthday wearing Germany's traditional national costume "tracht" as she attended the annual Stuttgarter Fruehlingsfest, which is a spring festival and beer garden. The Russian tennis superstar was reportedly in Germany ahead of her forthcoming tournament Porsche Grand Prix, E! Online reported. Sharapova even shared a photo of her wearing the German costume with white and pink accents on Twitter.
More photos of Sharapova's German birthday celebration here.
Aside from celebrating her 27th birthday in German fashion, Sharapova also launched a new flavour from her premiere candy line Sugarpova. Yogurt gummies shaped as 911 Porsche cars were unveiled on the day of her birthday. She calls it "Speedy." Sharapova is reportedly thrilled for the promotion of the new "Speedy" flavour, the Daily Mail reported.
"We are excited to launch Speedy," Sharapova said. "There has never been a candy collection that envelops a luxury experience in such a fun way and accessible way," she added.
"It's thrilling for me to combine my passions in such an unexpected and exciting way," Sharapova chanted.
Sharapova's Sugarpova gummies now has six flavours such as Speedy, Splashy, Cheeky, Silly, Flirty, and Chic. Her boyfriend, Grigor Dimitrov, once revealed in an interview that his favourite of all the flavours is the "Cheeky" one.
Sharapova's Next Tournament
Sharapova will play next in Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, where she is a two-time defending champion. She won the title in 2012 by beating Victoria Azarenka in two straight sets 6-1, 6-4. In 2013, she was able to retain the title when she defeated China's Li Na in two straight sets as well 6-4 6-3. Will Sharapova be able to defend her title in 2014? Sharapova currently is in ninth place of the world rankings.
After playing for the Porche Tennis Grand Prix, Sharapova will compete in three tournaments in May. As posted on her official Web site, she is expected to take part in the Mutua Madrid Open, International BNL d'Italia, French Open, and Wimbledon tournaments.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide