NBA Playoffs Preview: West First Round Game 2 – Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 22, 2014 10:30 AM EST
With a huge 109-105 road victory in the series opener, the Golden State Warriors now have stolen homecourt advantage in their best-of-seven affair against the Los Angeles Clippers.
NBA: Playoffs-Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Clippers
Chris Paul and Blake Griffin have to play with more composure if they are planning to avoid a 0-2 hole while Stephen Curry needs to find his shooting touch if the Warriors want to grab total control of the series.
Paul finished with 28 points, 7 rebounds and 8 assists but had 6 turnovers including a few down the stretch. Griffin ended up with 16 points on 6-of-13 shooting after fouling with only 19 minutes of play.
Meanwhile, Curry also struggled for just 14 points missing 10-of-16 shots for Golden State but David Lee (20 points and 13 rebounds), Klay Thompson (22 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists) and Jermaine O'Neal (13 points) filled the scoring void. Harrison Barnes added 14 points and 8 rebounds off the bench.
"A big way to start the series," Curry said in the league’s official website after the Game One victory. "We've been resilient all year. We're not going to quit."
Curry’s Warriors fell behind early but came back to tie the game by halftime. They used a 35-27 run in the third quarter and did enough to douse the Clippers’ end game rallies.
The Warriors know that the Clippers will play with a sense of urgency right at tip-off.
"We had a tremendous will, but this series is far from over," said Golden State head coach Marc Jackson.
Watch Game 2 of the Grizzlies-Thunder series via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Golden State Warriors (+8.5) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (O/U: 212.5)
Game time: 12:30 pm AEDT
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China