NBA Playoffs Preview: West First Round Game 2 – Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 22, 2014 10:30 AM EST
With a huge 109-105 road victory in the series opener, the Golden State Warriors now have stolen homecourt advantage in their best-of-seven affair against the Los Angeles Clippers.
NBA: Playoffs-Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Clippers
Chris Paul and Blake Griffin have to play with more composure if they are planning to avoid a 0-2 hole while Stephen Curry needs to find his shooting touch if the Warriors want to grab total control of the series.
Paul finished with 28 points, 7 rebounds and 8 assists but had 6 turnovers including a few down the stretch. Griffin ended up with 16 points on 6-of-13 shooting after fouling with only 19 minutes of play.
Meanwhile, Curry also struggled for just 14 points missing 10-of-16 shots for Golden State but David Lee (20 points and 13 rebounds), Klay Thompson (22 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists) and Jermaine O'Neal (13 points) filled the scoring void. Harrison Barnes added 14 points and 8 rebounds off the bench.
"A big way to start the series," Curry said in the league’s official website after the Game One victory. "We've been resilient all year. We're not going to quit."
Curry’s Warriors fell behind early but came back to tie the game by halftime. They used a 35-27 run in the third quarter and did enough to douse the Clippers’ end game rallies.
The Warriors know that the Clippers will play with a sense of urgency right at tip-off.
"We had a tremendous will, but this series is far from over," said Golden State head coach Marc Jackson.
Watch Game 2 of the Grizzlies-Thunder series via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Golden State Warriors (+8.5) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (O/U: 212.5)
Game time: 12:30 pm AEDT
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills