Android 4.4.3 Update Roll Out Guide for Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and More Android Devices: When to Hit Your Region
By Precious Silva | April 22, 2014 9:23 AM EST
Google's Android 4.4.3 has made headlines following Sprint's reported update to Nexus 5. While the carrier took down the update, it appears Google will push through for the update soon. According to recent reports, the internet giant has given a major hint about the next Android KitKat update. People can expect the upgrade to drop soon.
Google's Android 4.3 operating system, is displayed during a Google event at Dogpatch Studio in San Francisco, California, in this July 24, 2013 file photo. A U.S. appeals court on December 4, 2013 closely questioned Google's claim that Oracle does not enjoy copyright protection over certain parts of the Java programming language. Oracle sued Google in 2010, claiming that Google had improperly incorporated parts of Oracle's Java programming language into the Android operating system. REUTERS/Beck Diefenbach/Files
According to a report by Tech Radar, the company has released a firmware update for the Google Edu Device Set-Up app. The app assists schools in setting up Android slates for the students. Although the update does not provide more details about the nature of the firmware, it was clearly stated that it will have support for the upcoming Android 4.4.3 upgrade. The changelog offers the following details:
- Support for new Google Spreadsheets
- Support for Android 4.4.3 and non-Nexus Tablets
- Minor UI updates and bug fixes
People should not expect any new features for the coming update. Android 4.4.3 will likely serve more as a bug "sweeper." Addressing Android KitKat bugs should assure users better performance. According to previous reports, users who updated to Android 4.4.2 KiKat experienced Bluetooth connectivity problems, random reboots and WiFi automatic connection issues. Android 4.4.3 will offer fixes for these issues.
A report by GSM Arena also supports the release of the Android 4.4.3 KitKat to Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE. There has been a Bluetooth SIG sighting of the phablet. The device has been reportedly certified to run the Android 4.4.3 OS. Specifically, the phablet obtained certification for software version KTU72.S1.3013. The build number was reportedly specific to the Android 4.4.3 firmware. This should be good news for other Google Play Edition devices like HTC One, HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, LG G Pad 8.3 and Motorola Moto G.
Roll out of the update should be in stages. Users will have to wait for further announcements from Google and their respective carriers. Some regions and subscribers may receive the update sooner than others. People can check the Settings of their devices for the OTA soon. Users can also wait for custom ROMs for the update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown