Viral Video: Stalemate in Snake vs Alligator Marsh Battle
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 22, 2014 7:56 AM EST
Crocodiles and snakes versus other wild animals have been popular lately, and they have become viral videos.
The final results of the battle reveal who is the stronger between two wild animals.
Snake Eats Crocodile after a Battle in Australia
In the case of a snake vs crocodile fight, the croc lost and was eaten by the python (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaZvo2l8beU).
When the alligator encountered an electric eel in a stream, it was an even match as the deadly electricity discharged by the fish zapped the reptile to its death. But at the same time, the gator had bit the eel, leaving the battle with no victors but only corpses (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWLxW3zao78).
In the next video, which has over 45 million views, the python and the gator meet again for a rematch and heart-pounding action follows in the next two minutes as the two animals assert for supremacy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfYAj1k9uZM).
This one turns out to be a draw as both beasts, after realising its opponent is too powerful, walk away from the battle zone.
In these three videos, it was shown that being physically bigger does not necessarily mean being the winner.
A report published recently in the journal Ecologica Montenegrina confirmed that when researchers found in Golem Grad, Macedonia, a 44-acre island also called Snake Island because of the large number of slithering reptiles, a centipede breaking free from a viper.
One of the researchers from the University of Belgrade turned over a stone and found the dead 8-inch viper and the 6-inch centipede crawling out. Examination of the viper showed that all its inner organs were missing, apparently eaten from inside by the insect until the centipede was able to crawl its way out of the snake.
The theory was that the viper swallowed the centipede alive. Similarly, in 2005, a Burmese python in Florida swallowed an alligator half its size, the but gator exacted its revenge by chewing its way through the giant snake's body.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell