Jeremy Lin News: Rockets Soon To Trade J-Lin, Chandler Parsons in Attempt To Get Third Star
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 22, 2014 7:54 AM EST
The Houston Rockets could potentially use point guard Jeremy Lin and swingman Chandler Parsons as trade chips in their attempt to acquire another superstar this offseason, according to several NBA insiders.
Jeremy Lin is featured in the latest "This is SportsCenter" commercial.
The Rockets are set to make a big noise in this coming summer, regardless of the result in the postseason. Sources indicated general manager Daryl Morey will once again shake up the basketball world by pulling off a huge trade.
It's no secret the Rockets are searching for another player skillful enough to become the third wheel of the star-studded team. Lin and Chandler could be perfect trade baits for the ambitious Rockets.
According to Dave Daniels of Rant Sports, the Rockets duo could be moved soon as part of the Rockets' grand plan to retool their lineup. Houston successfully landed James Harden (via trade) and Dwight Howard (via free-agency acquisitions) these past two seasons, but the front office is convinced the team is still one star away to become a serious title-contender.
This coming summer, elite free-agents such Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Carmelo Anthony could hit the market, while the 2014 NBA Draft will feature perhaps the deepest pool of talent since the successful 2003 class.
With Lin's $15 million paycheck kicking in and Parsons enters the final year of his rookie deal, the Rockets are facing issues that need serious decisions. These two players undoubtedly form part of the team's success, though the Rockets need to sacrifice both for them to accommodate the fat contract of that third star.
"You know that Morey will be looking to do something this summer, and it could result in the departure of role players like Chandler Parsons and Jeremy Lin. That would be a sad day, but the business of basketball stops for no man," Daniels stated in his report.
Lin, who averaged 12 points and 4 dimes per game, served as the team's best offensive player off the bench. On the other hand, Parsons is the team's best all-around player not named James Harden, averaging at least 16 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists per game.
Many fans will surely be disappointed if either one or both of these players get traded. But in order to get Melo, LBJ or Wade this summer, the Rockets have to make sacrifices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Rafael Nadal Will Miss 2014 US Open; Roger Federer Looking to Pounce on Rival
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display