Jeremy Lin News: Rockets Soon To Trade J-Lin, Chandler Parsons in Attempt To Get Third Star
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 22, 2014 7:54 AM EST
The Houston Rockets could potentially use point guard Jeremy Lin and swingman Chandler Parsons as trade chips in their attempt to acquire another superstar this offseason, according to several NBA insiders.
Jeremy Lin is featured in the latest "This is SportsCenter" commercial.
The Rockets are set to make a big noise in this coming summer, regardless of the result in the postseason. Sources indicated general manager Daryl Morey will once again shake up the basketball world by pulling off a huge trade.
It's no secret the Rockets are searching for another player skillful enough to become the third wheel of the star-studded team. Lin and Chandler could be perfect trade baits for the ambitious Rockets.
According to Dave Daniels of Rant Sports, the Rockets duo could be moved soon as part of the Rockets' grand plan to retool their lineup. Houston successfully landed James Harden (via trade) and Dwight Howard (via free-agency acquisitions) these past two seasons, but the front office is convinced the team is still one star away to become a serious title-contender.
This coming summer, elite free-agents such Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Carmelo Anthony could hit the market, while the 2014 NBA Draft will feature perhaps the deepest pool of talent since the successful 2003 class.
With Lin's $15 million paycheck kicking in and Parsons enters the final year of his rookie deal, the Rockets are facing issues that need serious decisions. These two players undoubtedly form part of the team's success, though the Rockets need to sacrifice both for them to accommodate the fat contract of that third star.
"You know that Morey will be looking to do something this summer, and it could result in the departure of role players like Chandler Parsons and Jeremy Lin. That would be a sad day, but the business of basketball stops for no man," Daniels stated in his report.
Lin, who averaged 12 points and 4 dimes per game, served as the team's best offensive player off the bench. On the other hand, Parsons is the team's best all-around player not named James Harden, averaging at least 16 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists per game.
Many fans will surely be disappointed if either one or both of these players get traded. But in order to get Melo, LBJ or Wade this summer, the Rockets have to make sacrifices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal