Watch NBA Playoffs: Los Angeles Clippers vs Golden State Warriors Live Streaming Information
By Tarish Bhat | April 22, 2014 2:47 AM EST
Golden State Warriors got off to a perfect start in their playoff campaign by snatching a win over the Los Angeles Clippers in the first game of the first round series. Clippers coach Doc Rivers had warned his players that a home defeat is inevitable, but no one including him had expected it would come in the first game.
Clippers are heading into the game looking to stay in the hunt, as going down 2-0 at home means they will have a colossal task ahead of them. Another worrying factor for the Clippers is Stephen Curry -- the Warrios guard had a quiet first game and if he gets going in the second encounter, the visitors might be going home with a 2-0 lead.
Everything went right for the Warriors in Game 1, as they were on the right page with precise defensive movements compared to Clippers, especially in the third quarter. The Mark Jackson-coached side has a number of playmakers on the bench and their ball rotations are enough to tease best of teams in the playoffs. But, David Lee and Jermaine O'Neal took the responsibility to batter Clippers defense.
The hosts need to improve in all departments, they have to shoot well, commit less fouls and try to fortress their court well. Small forward Matt Barnes should step up his game.
Clippers have some of the best forwards that are capable of turning the tables and level the series. DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin are capable of putting the hosts in front and keep them in the hunt for a series win.
This is the first time in three years that Clippers have lost the opening tie in the playoffs. It would be interesting to see whether they will bounce back under the new coach Doc Rivers, as he feels that his team is capable of making a turnaround if they capitalise on their opportunities.
"There are a lot of things we can do better," Rivers said. "We had a lot of opportunities; we just didn't capitalize on them. They did. They made all the big ones."
Warriors small forward Harrison Barnes said that his team would be heading onto the court with all guns blazing and they need to have an edge over the hosts before moving to the home ground to surge ahead in the competition.
"We have to come into Game 2 with a chip on our shoulder or we'll get blown out," Harrison Barnes said. "It's all mental at this point. We need to have that edge again."
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 10:30 pm ET (8:00 am IST, 2:30 am GMT) start with live coverage on TNT in the US and Sony Six and Sony Six HD in India. The game can be watched via live streaming online in the US HERE or HERE, while UK viewers can live stream the action HERE. The game can be live streamed by international viewers, including India, HERE.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions