Watch NBA Playoffs: Los Angeles Clippers vs Golden State Warriors Live Streaming Information
By Tarish Bhat | April 22, 2014 2:47 AM EST
Golden State Warriors got off to a perfect start in their playoff campaign by snatching a win over the Los Angeles Clippers in the first game of the first round series. Clippers coach Doc Rivers had warned his players that a home defeat is inevitable, but no one including him had expected it would come in the first game.
Clippers are heading into the game looking to stay in the hunt, as going down 2-0 at home means they will have a colossal task ahead of them. Another worrying factor for the Clippers is Stephen Curry -- the Warrios guard had a quiet first game and if he gets going in the second encounter, the visitors might be going home with a 2-0 lead.
Everything went right for the Warriors in Game 1, as they were on the right page with precise defensive movements compared to Clippers, especially in the third quarter. The Mark Jackson-coached side has a number of playmakers on the bench and their ball rotations are enough to tease best of teams in the playoffs. But, David Lee and Jermaine O'Neal took the responsibility to batter Clippers defense.
The hosts need to improve in all departments, they have to shoot well, commit less fouls and try to fortress their court well. Small forward Matt Barnes should step up his game.
Clippers have some of the best forwards that are capable of turning the tables and level the series. DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin are capable of putting the hosts in front and keep them in the hunt for a series win.
This is the first time in three years that Clippers have lost the opening tie in the playoffs. It would be interesting to see whether they will bounce back under the new coach Doc Rivers, as he feels that his team is capable of making a turnaround if they capitalise on their opportunities.
"There are a lot of things we can do better," Rivers said. "We had a lot of opportunities; we just didn't capitalize on them. They did. They made all the big ones."
Warriors small forward Harrison Barnes said that his team would be heading onto the court with all guns blazing and they need to have an edge over the hosts before moving to the home ground to surge ahead in the competition.
"We have to come into Game 2 with a chip on our shoulder or we'll get blown out," Harrison Barnes said. "It's all mental at this point. We need to have that edge again."
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 10:30 pm ET (8:00 am IST, 2:30 am GMT) start with live coverage on TNT in the US and Sony Six and Sony Six HD in India. The game can be watched via live streaming online in the US HERE or HERE, while UK viewers can live stream the action HERE. The game can be live streamed by international viewers, including India, HERE.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales