Boxing News 2014: Is Justin Bieber a Secret Fan of Manny Pacquiao?
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 21, 2014 10:10 PM EST
Despite Canadian pop star Justin Bieber being a well-known friend of unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr, the singer of Baby appears to be a secret fan also of eight-division titleholder Manny Pacquiao who won back on April 12 the WBO welterweight title from Timothy Bradley.
The Filipino boxing champ bumped into the controversial teen idol while shopping with his team at upscale shopping mall The Grove in Los Angeles, California, on Wednesday, April 16. He reportedly paid $20,000 buying T-shirt and pants at the Nordstrom store for the 50 members of Team Pacquiao, reports TMZ Sports.
After shopping at Nordstrom, Pacquiao bought a pair of Ferragamo shoes for himself and then proceeded to the Apple store where he had the unexpected encounter with Bieber.
The two gamely posed for a souvenir photo together (https://twitter.com/search?q=justin%20bieber%20manny%20pacquiao&src=typd) which fans of the two celebrities posted on Twitter.
The chance encounter indicates that the two have forgotten Bieber's Instagram post in 2012 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ixWyxElR8) when he showed the Filipino champion, who lost to Mexican boxer Juan Manuel Marquez, knocked out by the cub from Lion King. It merited heavy criticism from Pacquiao's followers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8abF8gyz9w).
Boxing fans are probably waiting to see if Money May would react to the photo opportunity between his Canadian BFF and boxing rival.
Before returning to the Philippines, the Manny Pacquiao Foundation held a party and charity auction selling the champ's bloodied boxing shorts for $40,000 and his gloves for $10,000. Proceeds of the auction will go to the victims of megatyphoon Haiyan (Yolanda) which battered the Philippines in November 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight