Assassin’s Creed Franchise Crosses 70 Million in Sales, Complete Details of Sales
By Aditya Bhat | April 21, 2014 9:38 PM EST
Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed, the action-adventure video game franchise has been one of the publisher's most successful franchises the company has worked on. Assassin's Creed has till now sold 73 million units of the game.
Assassin’s Creed: Unity is in the works and is likely to be out by the end of 2014.
Mass Effect 4: Release Date Rumors, Same-Sex Relationships Discussed, Hinted for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Pokemon X and Y: Hackers Discover Secret Attacks, Mystery of Zygarde Z and 2014 April Friendly Registration Open
Ubisoft released the list of its best selling franchises on its Facts and Figures page on the official website. Below is the complete list of sales figures of the company's best selling franchises:
- Assassin's Creed: 73 million
- Just Dance: 48 million
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: 30 million
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: 26 million
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: 25 million
- Petz: 24 million
- Rayman: 25 million
- Imagine: 21 million
- Prince of Persia: 20 million
- Driver: 19 million
- Far Cry: 18 million
- Rayman Raving Rabbids: 14 million
- The Settlers: 10 million
- The Experience: 9 million
- Anno: 5 million
- Your Shape: 3 million
Apart from the sales, the page also reveals that Ubisoft Studios has the second biggest in-house development staff in the world and it has 29 studios in 19 countries. It has 9,200 Ubisoft team members around the world of which, 7,800 are dedicated for production. Ubisoft's sales for year 2012-13 were €1.256 billion.
The company released Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag on 29 October 2013. This video game bought open-world map and a new protagonist, Edward Kenway. It was set during the time of the Golden Age of Piracy in the Caribbean Islands.
On 5 December 2013, Ubisift released a mobile game for iOS and Android devices where players follow Captain Alonzo Batilla. Batilla is neither an Assassin nor Templar and concentrates more on the real-time battles between ships.
A new game from Ubisoft was also revealed, titled, Assassin's Creed Unity which is set during the times of the French Revolution and will reportedly feature an Assassin named Arno. This game will be released in the Q4 2014 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage