Assassin’s Creed Franchise Crosses 70 Million in Sales, Complete Details of Sales
By Aditya Bhat | April 21, 2014 9:38 PM EST
Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed, the action-adventure video game franchise has been one of the publisher's most successful franchises the company has worked on. Assassin's Creed has till now sold 73 million units of the game.
Assassin’s Creed: Unity is in the works and is likely to be out by the end of 2014.
Mass Effect 4: Release Date Rumors, Same-Sex Relationships Discussed, Hinted for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Pokemon X and Y: Hackers Discover Secret Attacks, Mystery of Zygarde Z and 2014 April Friendly Registration Open
Ubisoft released the list of its best selling franchises on its Facts and Figures page on the official website. Below is the complete list of sales figures of the company's best selling franchises:
- Assassin's Creed: 73 million
- Just Dance: 48 million
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: 30 million
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: 26 million
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: 25 million
- Petz: 24 million
- Rayman: 25 million
- Imagine: 21 million
- Prince of Persia: 20 million
- Driver: 19 million
- Far Cry: 18 million
- Rayman Raving Rabbids: 14 million
- The Settlers: 10 million
- The Experience: 9 million
- Anno: 5 million
- Your Shape: 3 million
Apart from the sales, the page also reveals that Ubisoft Studios has the second biggest in-house development staff in the world and it has 29 studios in 19 countries. It has 9,200 Ubisoft team members around the world of which, 7,800 are dedicated for production. Ubisoft's sales for year 2012-13 were €1.256 billion.
The company released Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag on 29 October 2013. This video game bought open-world map and a new protagonist, Edward Kenway. It was set during the time of the Golden Age of Piracy in the Caribbean Islands.
On 5 December 2013, Ubisift released a mobile game for iOS and Android devices where players follow Captain Alonzo Batilla. Batilla is neither an Assassin nor Templar and concentrates more on the real-time battles between ships.
A new game from Ubisoft was also revealed, titled, Assassin's Creed Unity which is set during the times of the French Revolution and will reportedly feature an Assassin named Arno. This game will be released in the Q4 2014 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories