Assassin’s Creed Franchise Crosses 70 Million in Sales, Complete Details of Sales
By Aditya Bhat | April 21, 2014 9:38 PM EST
Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed, the action-adventure video game franchise has been one of the publisher's most successful franchises the company has worked on. Assassin's Creed has till now sold 73 million units of the game.
Assassin’s Creed: Unity is in the works and is likely to be out by the end of 2014.
Mass Effect 4: Release Date Rumors, Same-Sex Relationships Discussed, Hinted for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Pokemon X and Y: Hackers Discover Secret Attacks, Mystery of Zygarde Z and 2014 April Friendly Registration Open
Ubisoft released the list of its best selling franchises on its Facts and Figures page on the official website. Below is the complete list of sales figures of the company's best selling franchises:
- Assassin's Creed: 73 million
- Just Dance: 48 million
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: 30 million
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: 26 million
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: 25 million
- Petz: 24 million
- Rayman: 25 million
- Imagine: 21 million
- Prince of Persia: 20 million
- Driver: 19 million
- Far Cry: 18 million
- Rayman Raving Rabbids: 14 million
- The Settlers: 10 million
- The Experience: 9 million
- Anno: 5 million
- Your Shape: 3 million
Apart from the sales, the page also reveals that Ubisoft Studios has the second biggest in-house development staff in the world and it has 29 studios in 19 countries. It has 9,200 Ubisoft team members around the world of which, 7,800 are dedicated for production. Ubisoft's sales for year 2012-13 were €1.256 billion.
The company released Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag on 29 October 2013. This video game bought open-world map and a new protagonist, Edward Kenway. It was set during the time of the Golden Age of Piracy in the Caribbean Islands.
On 5 December 2013, Ubisift released a mobile game for iOS and Android devices where players follow Captain Alonzo Batilla. Batilla is neither an Assassin nor Templar and concentrates more on the real-time battles between ships.
A new game from Ubisoft was also revealed, titled, Assassin's Creed Unity which is set during the times of the French Revolution and will reportedly feature an Assassin named Arno. This game will be released in the Q4 2014 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists