Assassin’s Creed Franchise Crosses 70 Million in Sales, Complete Details of Sales
By Aditya Bhat | April 21, 2014 9:38 PM EST
Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed, the action-adventure video game franchise has been one of the publisher's most successful franchises the company has worked on. Assassin's Creed has till now sold 73 million units of the game.
Assassin’s Creed: Unity is in the works and is likely to be out by the end of 2014.
Mass Effect 4: Release Date Rumors, Same-Sex Relationships Discussed, Hinted for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Pokemon X and Y: Hackers Discover Secret Attacks, Mystery of Zygarde Z and 2014 April Friendly Registration Open
Ubisoft released the list of its best selling franchises on its Facts and Figures page on the official website. Below is the complete list of sales figures of the company's best selling franchises:
- Assassin's Creed: 73 million
- Just Dance: 48 million
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: 30 million
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: 26 million
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: 25 million
- Petz: 24 million
- Rayman: 25 million
- Imagine: 21 million
- Prince of Persia: 20 million
- Driver: 19 million
- Far Cry: 18 million
- Rayman Raving Rabbids: 14 million
- The Settlers: 10 million
- The Experience: 9 million
- Anno: 5 million
- Your Shape: 3 million
Apart from the sales, the page also reveals that Ubisoft Studios has the second biggest in-house development staff in the world and it has 29 studios in 19 countries. It has 9,200 Ubisoft team members around the world of which, 7,800 are dedicated for production. Ubisoft's sales for year 2012-13 were €1.256 billion.
The company released Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag on 29 October 2013. This video game bought open-world map and a new protagonist, Edward Kenway. It was set during the time of the Golden Age of Piracy in the Caribbean Islands.
On 5 December 2013, Ubisift released a mobile game for iOS and Android devices where players follow Captain Alonzo Batilla. Batilla is neither an Assassin nor Templar and concentrates more on the real-time battles between ships.
A new game from Ubisoft was also revealed, titled, Assassin's Creed Unity which is set during the times of the French Revolution and will reportedly feature an Assassin named Arno. This game will be released in the Q4 2014 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies