Assassin’s Creed Franchise Crosses 70 Million in Sales, Complete Details of Sales
By Aditya Bhat | April 21, 2014 9:38 PM EST
Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed, the action-adventure video game franchise has been one of the publisher's most successful franchises the company has worked on. Assassin's Creed has till now sold 73 million units of the game.
Assassin’s Creed: Unity is in the works and is likely to be out by the end of 2014.
Mass Effect 4: Release Date Rumors, Same-Sex Relationships Discussed, Hinted for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Pokemon X and Y: Hackers Discover Secret Attacks, Mystery of Zygarde Z and 2014 April Friendly Registration Open
Ubisoft released the list of its best selling franchises on its Facts and Figures page on the official website. Below is the complete list of sales figures of the company's best selling franchises:
- Assassin's Creed: 73 million
- Just Dance: 48 million
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: 30 million
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: 26 million
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: 25 million
- Petz: 24 million
- Rayman: 25 million
- Imagine: 21 million
- Prince of Persia: 20 million
- Driver: 19 million
- Far Cry: 18 million
- Rayman Raving Rabbids: 14 million
- The Settlers: 10 million
- The Experience: 9 million
- Anno: 5 million
- Your Shape: 3 million
Apart from the sales, the page also reveals that Ubisoft Studios has the second biggest in-house development staff in the world and it has 29 studios in 19 countries. It has 9,200 Ubisoft team members around the world of which, 7,800 are dedicated for production. Ubisoft's sales for year 2012-13 were €1.256 billion.
The company released Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag on 29 October 2013. This video game bought open-world map and a new protagonist, Edward Kenway. It was set during the time of the Golden Age of Piracy in the Caribbean Islands.
On 5 December 2013, Ubisift released a mobile game for iOS and Android devices where players follow Captain Alonzo Batilla. Batilla is neither an Assassin nor Templar and concentrates more on the real-time battles between ships.
A new game from Ubisoft was also revealed, titled, Assassin's Creed Unity which is set during the times of the French Revolution and will reportedly feature an Assassin named Arno. This game will be released in the Q4 2014 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown