FarmVille 2 Launched for Mobile Devices [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 21, 2014 9:13 PM EST
Zynga developed FarmVille 2, the farming simulation social network game is now on mobile devices too. The game, FarmVille 2: Country Escape was launched for these devices on 17 April 2014.
FarmVille 2: Country Escape was released for mobile devices.
Mass Effect 4: Release Date Rumors, Same-Sex Relationships Discussed, Hinted for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Pokemon X and Y: Hackers Discover Secret Attacks, Mystery of Zygarde Z and 2014 April Friendly Registration Open
FarmVille 2: Country Escape is based on the feedback of mobile players and is not just a PC port with both offline mode and online mode.
Players will be able to play in the offline mode, but they can connect to the internet when they want to save the progress they have made in the game. The game also has an Anonymous Mode, allowing players to sell the goods farmed, complete the quests and expand the farm. The most important feature in the mode is that players will be able to do all these without having logged in on any social network. FarmVille is known for its social features.
FarmVille 2: Country Escape is a free-to-play and allows players to make in-app purchases and will also have the social features which help in advancing the game for the player.
On the iTunes Store, the game was on the top three of the Top Free Apps chart and it came at number 42 on the Top Grossing chart, reported GameSpot. However, the game did not make a big entry on Google Play Store. It broke into number 42 on the Top Grossing chart of Google Play Store.
"Loud and clear, we heard from them that they don't want to have to connect to Facebook to play the game. They don't want to feel like they're having to bother friends to play this game," said Jonathan Knight, vice president of games at Zynga."
FarmVille 2 is different from the original FarmVille since the newer version had the graphics more animated, harvested crops go directly to the inventory and the crop-growing cycle is plant-water-wait-harvest.
The original FarmVille was released in 2009.
(YouTube Courtesy: ZyngaNetwork)
Image credit: play.google.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop