FarmVille 2 Launched for Mobile Devices [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 21, 2014 9:13 PM EST
Zynga developed FarmVille 2, the farming simulation social network game is now on mobile devices too. The game, FarmVille 2: Country Escape was launched for these devices on 17 April 2014.
FarmVille 2: Country Escape was released for mobile devices.
Mass Effect 4: Release Date Rumors, Same-Sex Relationships Discussed, Hinted for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Pokemon X and Y: Hackers Discover Secret Attacks, Mystery of Zygarde Z and 2014 April Friendly Registration Open
FarmVille 2: Country Escape is based on the feedback of mobile players and is not just a PC port with both offline mode and online mode.
Players will be able to play in the offline mode, but they can connect to the internet when they want to save the progress they have made in the game. The game also has an Anonymous Mode, allowing players to sell the goods farmed, complete the quests and expand the farm. The most important feature in the mode is that players will be able to do all these without having logged in on any social network. FarmVille is known for its social features.
FarmVille 2: Country Escape is a free-to-play and allows players to make in-app purchases and will also have the social features which help in advancing the game for the player.
On the iTunes Store, the game was on the top three of the Top Free Apps chart and it came at number 42 on the Top Grossing chart, reported GameSpot. However, the game did not make a big entry on Google Play Store. It broke into number 42 on the Top Grossing chart of Google Play Store.
"Loud and clear, we heard from them that they don't want to have to connect to Facebook to play the game. They don't want to feel like they're having to bother friends to play this game," said Jonathan Knight, vice president of games at Zynga."
FarmVille 2 is different from the original FarmVille since the newer version had the graphics more animated, harvested crops go directly to the inventory and the crop-growing cycle is plant-water-wait-harvest.
The original FarmVille was released in 2009.
(YouTube Courtesy: ZyngaNetwork)
Image credit: play.google.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build