FarmVille 2 Launched for Mobile Devices [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 21, 2014 9:13 PM EST
Zynga developed FarmVille 2, the farming simulation social network game is now on mobile devices too. The game, FarmVille 2: Country Escape was launched for these devices on 17 April 2014.
FarmVille 2: Country Escape was released for mobile devices.
Mass Effect 4: Release Date Rumors, Same-Sex Relationships Discussed, Hinted for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Pokemon X and Y: Hackers Discover Secret Attacks, Mystery of Zygarde Z and 2014 April Friendly Registration Open
FarmVille 2: Country Escape is based on the feedback of mobile players and is not just a PC port with both offline mode and online mode.
Players will be able to play in the offline mode, but they can connect to the internet when they want to save the progress they have made in the game. The game also has an Anonymous Mode, allowing players to sell the goods farmed, complete the quests and expand the farm. The most important feature in the mode is that players will be able to do all these without having logged in on any social network. FarmVille is known for its social features.
FarmVille 2: Country Escape is a free-to-play and allows players to make in-app purchases and will also have the social features which help in advancing the game for the player.
On the iTunes Store, the game was on the top three of the Top Free Apps chart and it came at number 42 on the Top Grossing chart, reported GameSpot. However, the game did not make a big entry on Google Play Store. It broke into number 42 on the Top Grossing chart of Google Play Store.
"Loud and clear, we heard from them that they don't want to have to connect to Facebook to play the game. They don't want to feel like they're having to bother friends to play this game," said Jonathan Knight, vice president of games at Zynga."
FarmVille 2 is different from the original FarmVille since the newer version had the graphics more animated, harvested crops go directly to the inventory and the crop-growing cycle is plant-water-wait-harvest.
The original FarmVille was released in 2009.
(YouTube Courtesy: ZyngaNetwork)
Image credit: play.google.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World