Beijing Auto Show: Suzuki Showcases Alivio Concept aka Ciaz
By greeshma m | April 21, 2014 8:53 PM EST
Suzuki unveiled a new sedan concept at the ongoing Beijing Auto Show 2014.
The mid-sized sedan concept dubbed Alivio is the near production version of Maruti Ciaz, which was unveiled earlier at the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo in India. The Suzuki's Alivio Concept measures 4545mm in length, 1475mm in height, 1730mm in width and has a wheelbase of 2650mm.
Based on the Suzuki Authentics concept car, which was displayed at the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show, Suzuki's Alivio sedan draws power from 1.6-litre DOHC 4-cylinder petrol engine and comes mated to six-speed automatic transmission. Alivio looks spacious and stylish in its design.
In India, the new sedan Ciaz will pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga under the hood, and is expected to carry some of the features of both SX4 and Ertiga. The car is likely to be introduced as a replacement of the underperforming SX4 sedan in the country by July this year. Other speculated features of the car include 16-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats.
Talking about the safety features of the new Ciaz, it is likely to come with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and the car will be a rival of Hyundai's Verna, Honda's City and Volkswagen's Vento in the domestic market. Previous reports suggested that the Maruti's upcoming Ciaz is likely to fall in the price brackets of 7.2 lakh to 10.5 lakh.
Ciaz has been spotted testing in India on number of occasions; however, Maruti is still mum on the launch of the car in the country. Rumours also suggest that Maruti is also developing an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) version of the Ciaz for India, after seeing the overwhelming response for Maruti Celerio AMT.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand