'Happy New Year', 'Fan', 'Kill Dil', 'Dawat-e-Ishq', Other YRF Films Release Date Announced
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 21, 2014 7:48 PM EST
Reputed production house Yash Raj Films (YRF) recently announced the schedule of their upcoming films featuring prominent projects.
Shah Rukh Khan
Right from Shah Rukh Khan's "Happy New Year", "Fan", Ranveer Singh's "Kill Dil", Rani Mukerji's "Mardaani" to Sujoy Ghosh's "Detective Byomkesh Baskshy!" the list features several others.
Here's a look at the upcoming YRF films for the year 2014-15:
The gritty film will revolve around Rani Mukerji's tough cop character Shivani Shivaji Roy. The actress will be shown in a fearless avatar trying to solve a strong case which will prove a life changing experience for her. To be directed by Pradeep Sarkar of "Parineeta" fame, the film is set for release on 22 August 2014. Mukerji's beau Aditya Chopra will be the producer for the project.
Interestingly, Ajay Devgan's cop flick too will release around the same time with "Marddani," having set 15 August 2014 as its release date.
"Aashiqui 2" star Aditya Roy Kapur is pairing up with Parineeti Chopra in the romantic flick where the actor will play the role of a Lucknow-based cook falling for Chopra, a shoe-sales girl. The film, which was earlier set to release on May, has been postponed to 5 September 2014. The romantic comedy is being directed by Habib Faisal and produced by Aditya Chopra.
"Happy New Year"
One of the most awaited films of the year, "Happy New Year" ("HNY"), is an action-packed musical treat and features a multi-starring cast including Deepika Padukone, Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Boman Irani, Sonu Sood, Jackie Shroff and Vivaan Shah. Directed by Farah Khan, the film is going on right schedule and will accordingly release on Diwali, 2014.
Even though the film is being produced by Khan's Red Chillies Entertainments Pvt. Ltd, YRF will act as the exclusive worldwide distributor for the big budgeter.
Another Parineeti Chopra flick, the cast of the film is exciting one with Ranveer Singh, Ali Zafar and the very colourful Govinda as the male leads. The trio would be seen playing goons involved in the game of defiance, deception and love as they fall for the same girl, Chopra.
The film will release later this year on 14 November 2014 and is being helmed by "Saathiya" director Shaad Ali.
Featuring Ranvir Shorey, "Titli" will have him playing a character whose family is into car-jacking business from which he desperately wants to escape. Shorey is married off under family pressure and finds an ally in his newfound wife who shares similar aspirations to break free of the family roots.
The Kanu Behl directorial is already making waves having been selected to the prestigious 67 Cannes International Film festival in Un Certain Regard section, where it will be competing with major films.
Dibakar Banerjee is the producer, but the film's release date is yet to be determined. Along with Shorey, the film stars Amit Sial and the newcomer Shashank Arora.
"Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!"
Adopted from Bengali Literature, "Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!" will feature Sushant Singh Rajput playing the titular sleuth role in the 1940's era, as he is out to face an evil genius who has an wicked intent of destroying the world.
The shooting of the Dibakar Banerjee directorial has been going strong and its release date has been set for 13 February 2015.
Comedian Kapil Sharma's debut film "Bank-Chor" has been in news ever since he signed the film with YRF. The comic-caper will have Sharma trying to rob a bank on an unfortunate day with his aides as things go out of hand resulting in hilarious situations.
The film which began shooting recently has set its release date on 6 March 2015. The film is directed by Bumpy and produced by Ashish Patil.
"Dum Laga Ke Haisha"
After delivering the dud "Bewakoofiyaan," Ayushmann Khurrana reunites with YRF for "Dum Laga Ke Haisha." The Maneesh Sharma directorial has the actor paired up with newcomer Bhumi Pednekar, another YRF product. Pednekar and Khurrana play husband and wife in the light hearted small town flick. The film which is being shot in various locations including Rishikesh, has set its release date on 24 April 2015.
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan is to play the role of an ardent fan in the film "Fan." The actor last reported was undergoing a look change for the film with prosthetics make-up under the guard of acclaimed Hollywood makeup artist Greg Cannom. Another Maneesh Sharma directorial, the ambitious flick has zeroed 14 August 2015 for release.
Habib Faisal turns writer for the project while Aditya Chopra will produce it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed