Justin Bieber will not be Deported to Canada as he Helps US Economy?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 21, 2014 7:48 PM EST
Responding to the petition launched in January by a Detroit citizen seeking the deportation of Bieber, the White House said in a statement on its website that it wouldn’t be commenting on the petition.
“Sorry to disappoint, but we won’t be commenting on this one,” the message read, and highlighted the economic benefits that Bieber brings to the country.
"Independent economists say immigration reform will grow our economy and shrink our deficits by almost $1 trillion in the next 20 years. For those of you counting at home, that’s 12.5 billion concert tickets - or 100 billion copies of Mr Bieber’s debut album."
The petition noted that Bieber is “dangerous, reckless, destructive” and he is a “terrible influence on our nations youth.” This follows Bieber’s run-in with the law after he was found to be allegedly driving under the influence early this year. At the time, the “Baby” singer was also investigated for egging a neighbour’s house.
Interestingly, this is not the first petition seeking Bieber’s deportation. Change.org, a petition platform, has hosted multiple petitions where people wanted to deport Bieber for a gamut of reasons that include his bad manners as well as his bad music.
A petition titled “Ban Justin Bieber from the U.S” started by Wimauma citizen Anton Stickley read: “Because he is ruining music, the morals of young Americans. And he is just awful, both as a person and an entertainer. Also, it's Justin Bieber come on.”
Last year, after reports hinted that Bieber has signed up for a trip to space, Canadian citizen David Sanftenberg petitioned Sir Richard Branson and Virgin Galactic to leave Bieber in space.
“Justin Bieber intends to take a trip to space as a tourist with Virgin Galactic. We, the undersigned, feel that for the sake of the planet Earth and the sanity of its residents, he would be better off remaining there indefinitely,” the petition that had amassed more than 2,200 supporters read.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James