Justin Bieber will not be Deported to Canada as he Helps US Economy?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 21, 2014 7:48 PM EST
Responding to the petition launched in January by a Detroit citizen seeking the deportation of Bieber, the White House said in a statement on its website that it wouldn’t be commenting on the petition.
“Sorry to disappoint, but we won’t be commenting on this one,” the message read, and highlighted the economic benefits that Bieber brings to the country.
"Independent economists say immigration reform will grow our economy and shrink our deficits by almost $1 trillion in the next 20 years. For those of you counting at home, that’s 12.5 billion concert tickets - or 100 billion copies of Mr Bieber’s debut album."
The petition noted that Bieber is “dangerous, reckless, destructive” and he is a “terrible influence on our nations youth.” This follows Bieber’s run-in with the law after he was found to be allegedly driving under the influence early this year. At the time, the “Baby” singer was also investigated for egging a neighbour’s house.
Interestingly, this is not the first petition seeking Bieber’s deportation. Change.org, a petition platform, has hosted multiple petitions where people wanted to deport Bieber for a gamut of reasons that include his bad manners as well as his bad music.
A petition titled “Ban Justin Bieber from the U.S” started by Wimauma citizen Anton Stickley read: “Because he is ruining music, the morals of young Americans. And he is just awful, both as a person and an entertainer. Also, it's Justin Bieber come on.”
Last year, after reports hinted that Bieber has signed up for a trip to space, Canadian citizen David Sanftenberg petitioned Sir Richard Branson and Virgin Galactic to leave Bieber in space.
“Justin Bieber intends to take a trip to space as a tourist with Virgin Galactic. We, the undersigned, feel that for the sake of the planet Earth and the sanity of its residents, he would be better off remaining there indefinitely,” the petition that had amassed more than 2,200 supporters read.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery