Mass Effect 4: Release Date Rumors, Same-Sex Relationships Discussed, Hinted for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
By Aditya Bhat | April 21, 2014 6:56 PM EST
BioWare's rumored next Mass Effect video game, Mass Effect 4 is getting fans all the more anxious with rumors trickling out of various online sources regarding the popular action RPG title. Both BioWare and publisher EA have not officially confirmed any information about the Mass Effect 4, aprat from occasional hints.
There has been no concrete information on Mass Effect 4.
As previously reported on this website, the predictions and rumors that are based on Twitter and Facebook information, suggest that the release date of Mass Effect 4 is either mid 2015 or early 2016, with a release more likely during or after the 2015 Christmas holidays. But there is no credible evidence to support this claim either.
The developer has also remained tight lipped on the stage of the game's production. Cathleen Rootsaert, Mass Effect writer and Joel MacMillan, art director spoke at the recently concluded PAX East panels in Boston. Fans were eagerly waiting for some information on Mass Effect 4 but the representatives did not divulge much.
However, they did say that the next generation video game consoles like Xbox One and PlayStation 4 was "pretty awesome." When asked if the game will be launched for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, MacMilan said, "It's kind of tricky to officially comment on that, but I mean, gen4looks pretty awesome and Mass Effect's an awesome-looking game," Canoe reported.
They further were asked questions on the game's same-sex relationships feature asking them if that option would be retained. "We can't divulge that. But, I'll just say that inclusivity is part of the BioWare mandate. So, we do our best," said Rootsaert. Same-sex relationships have been a feature in BioWare games.
Also, the game is all set to get a new hero after Commander Shepard. The developers have revealed that Dragon Age: Inquisition will be releasing on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in the fall and this game will be utilizing Frostbite 3 engine, which will be later tested on Mass Effect 4.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family