Mass Effect 4: Release Date Rumors, Same-Sex Relationships Discussed, Hinted for Xbox One and PlayStation 4
By Aditya Bhat | April 21, 2014 6:56 PM EST
BioWare's rumored next Mass Effect video game, Mass Effect 4 is getting fans all the more anxious with rumors trickling out of various online sources regarding the popular action RPG title. Both BioWare and publisher EA have not officially confirmed any information about the Mass Effect 4, aprat from occasional hints.
There has been no concrete information on Mass Effect 4.
As previously reported on this website, the predictions and rumors that are based on Twitter and Facebook information, suggest that the release date of Mass Effect 4 is either mid 2015 or early 2016, with a release more likely during or after the 2015 Christmas holidays. But there is no credible evidence to support this claim either.
The developer has also remained tight lipped on the stage of the game's production. Cathleen Rootsaert, Mass Effect writer and Joel MacMillan, art director spoke at the recently concluded PAX East panels in Boston. Fans were eagerly waiting for some information on Mass Effect 4 but the representatives did not divulge much.
However, they did say that the next generation video game consoles like Xbox One and PlayStation 4 was "pretty awesome." When asked if the game will be launched for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, MacMilan said, "It's kind of tricky to officially comment on that, but I mean, gen4looks pretty awesome and Mass Effect's an awesome-looking game," Canoe reported.
They further were asked questions on the game's same-sex relationships feature asking them if that option would be retained. "We can't divulge that. But, I'll just say that inclusivity is part of the BioWare mandate. So, we do our best," said Rootsaert. Same-sex relationships have been a feature in BioWare games.
Also, the game is all set to get a new hero after Commander Shepard. The developers have revealed that Dragon Age: Inquisition will be releasing on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in the fall and this game will be utilizing Frostbite 3 engine, which will be later tested on Mass Effect 4.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales