'Fifty Shades of Grey' Inside Scoops: Rita Ora Reveals How She Snags the Mia Grey Role
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 21, 2014 6:38 PM EST
Have you ever wondered what a songstress like Rita Ora is doing in a steamy movie like "Fifty Shades of Grey" when apparently the British singer and actress didn't audition for a role at all? You might just have an answer to that now.
Rita Ora is playing the role of Mia Grey, the adopted sister of the lead character Christian Grey, played by Irish actor Jamie Dornan on the upcoming Valentine's movie Fifty Shades of Grey. The movie is based on the controversial novel by E.L. James.
If it was a surprise to the fans that Ora is playing the role of Mia, apparently the British songstress has been surprised, too.
In an interview with Rita Ora during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards, the songstress revealed how she managed to snag the role of Mia and had her name roll up on the credits of the steamy movie.
According to an MTV News report, Ora only approached the production team of Fifty Shades in the hopes that she might snag some space on the movie soundtrack. But it turned out that when the production team saw her, the team wanted her to play a character from the movie, instead.
"It ended up with me being in the movie," the "How We Do" singer said. "I'm not going to complain." There really was no complaining as the singer and actress also revealed that filming the movie was actually one of the best things that ever happened to her.
". . . being in Vancouver, getting out of the music and just making it work was really good," Ora said. As it appears, the songstress had already done eight auditions prior to Fifty Shades, so she never really thought of landing on a role in the Fifty Shades movie adaptation. "It was incredible that it worked out," Ora admitted.
But aside from her role in the erotic Fifty Shades movie, Rita Ora is also the "hot" topic of today as the songstress is rumored dating "Map to the Stars" actor Robert Pattinson who was recently reported to have moved on from former girlfriend Kristen Stewart. Ora and Pattinson went to two concerts together so they definitely sparked rumors.
However, reports claim that though the actors appear close to each other, they aren't dating. Not yet, though.
"Rob and Rita have a lot in common when it comes to music, but they are not hooking up. They are both fans of Sam Smith, who played a sold out show at the Belasco Theater in LA," an insider exclusively told Hollywood Life.
Fifty Shades of Grey will hit theatres on Feb. 13, 2015, so for now fans of Rita Ora will have to make do of her name alongside Robert Pattinson on the headlines.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015