'Fifty Shades of Grey' Inside Scoops: Rita Ora Reveals How She Snags the Mia Grey Role
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 21, 2014 6:38 PM EST
Have you ever wondered what a songstress like Rita Ora is doing in a steamy movie like "Fifty Shades of Grey" when apparently the British singer and actress didn't audition for a role at all? You might just have an answer to that now.
Rita Ora is playing the role of Mia Grey, the adopted sister of the lead character Christian Grey, played by Irish actor Jamie Dornan on the upcoming Valentine's movie Fifty Shades of Grey. The movie is based on the controversial novel by E.L. James.
If it was a surprise to the fans that Ora is playing the role of Mia, apparently the British songstress has been surprised, too.
In an interview with Rita Ora during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards, the songstress revealed how she managed to snag the role of Mia and had her name roll up on the credits of the steamy movie.
According to an MTV News report, Ora only approached the production team of Fifty Shades in the hopes that she might snag some space on the movie soundtrack. But it turned out that when the production team saw her, the team wanted her to play a character from the movie, instead.
"It ended up with me being in the movie," the "How We Do" singer said. "I'm not going to complain." There really was no complaining as the singer and actress also revealed that filming the movie was actually one of the best things that ever happened to her.
". . . being in Vancouver, getting out of the music and just making it work was really good," Ora said. As it appears, the songstress had already done eight auditions prior to Fifty Shades, so she never really thought of landing on a role in the Fifty Shades movie adaptation. "It was incredible that it worked out," Ora admitted.
But aside from her role in the erotic Fifty Shades movie, Rita Ora is also the "hot" topic of today as the songstress is rumored dating "Map to the Stars" actor Robert Pattinson who was recently reported to have moved on from former girlfriend Kristen Stewart. Ora and Pattinson went to two concerts together so they definitely sparked rumors.
However, reports claim that though the actors appear close to each other, they aren't dating. Not yet, though.
"Rob and Rita have a lot in common when it comes to music, but they are not hooking up. They are both fans of Sam Smith, who played a sold out show at the Belasco Theater in LA," an insider exclusively told Hollywood Life.
Fifty Shades of Grey will hit theatres on Feb. 13, 2015, so for now fans of Rita Ora will have to make do of her name alongside Robert Pattinson on the headlines.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report