Samsung Galaxy S5: What You Need to Know Before Buying Samsung Flagship
By Karla Danica Figuerres | April 21, 2014 10:09 AM EST
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
On April 11, Samsung Galaxy S5 replaced Samsung Galaxy S4. It was released to over 100 countries worldwide. Considered a premium smartphone, Galaxy S5 boasts several killer specs and features, offering speedy processors, solid camera, latest Android OS, water-resistant and dust-proof design and new health-focused software features.
MetroPCS Galaxy S5 Release Date
MetroPCS still has not released Samsung Galaxy S5 even though it previously announced an April release date. At present, the carrier remains silent about the release date details of the smartphone but it said it will be "very soon." The carrier didn't say when will be the release date. But a team member recently showcased a Samsung Galaxy S5 shirt, which might be an indication the release is close.
Boost Mobile Galaxy S5 Release Date
If you are opting to buy Samsung Galaxy S5 on a prepaid carrier, you must wait longer than those who plan to have it on a major carrier. According to Boost Mobile, it will carry Samsung Galaxy S5 Q2 this year, which means it will be around April to June. Some fans worry the carrier will not release the device until summer. The carrier recently announced the release date will be in June. Boost Mobile currently sells iPhone 5s 16 GB for $550 and Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to be competitively priced.
Virgin Mobile Galaxy S5 Release Date
Virgin Mobile will carry Galaxy S5 in the same time frame as the Boost Mobile. According to its Web site, the device will arrive in May but it remains mum on the specific release date. Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 price remains unknown.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists