NBA Playoffs Preview: West First Round Game 1 – Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 20, 2014 10:54 PM EST
It’s a Texas tiff in the first round of the Western Conference Playoffs with Game 1 between the Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs set on Sunday (Monday 3:00 am AEDT).
It’s Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki once again in the postseason as they relive their Texas rivalry to open their playoff campaign this season. Two of the top big men in the past decade or so, the veteran power forwards are still the unquestioned leaders for their respective squads.
NBA: San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks
Duncan’s Spurs have bested all in the 2013-2013 regular season running away with the league’s best record to gain homecourt advantage in all best-of-seven series they’ll play. Nowitzki’s Mavericks have done just enough to win a playoff seat—eighth seed in the tough Western Conference.
Duncan averages 15.1 points per game, 9.7 rebounds and 1.9 blocked shots per game in his 16th season in the NBA. Nowitzki haven’t faltered too; the German logged in 21.7 PPG and 6.2 RPG in 80 games this year, his 15th in the league.
The Spurs are 6th in the league in scoring dropping 105.4 PPG a night led by Tony Parker’s 16.7 PPG. As with any constant in a Greg Popovich's squads, these Spurs share the ball with scoring from everywhere. Starting forward Kawhil Leonard averages 12.8 PPG while Manu Ginobili adds 12.3 PPG off the bench.
Two shooters can also light it up in any given night; Marco Belinelli (11.4 PPG) and Patty Mills (10.8) both average in double-figure scoring and are deadly threats from behind the arc.
Dallas' supporting cast can be as deadly as well. Monta Ellis averages 19.0 PPG and veteran Vince Carter 11.9 markers per outing. Two more veterans also average in double figures, Jose Calderon with 11.4 PPG and Shawn Marion with 10.4 PPG.
It was near domination for the Spurs versus the Mavericks during the regular season. San Antonio swept Dallas, 4-0 with margin of victories of 9, 22, 6 and 9 points.
Watch Game 1 of the Dallas-San Antonio series via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones