NBA Playoffs Preview: West First Round Game 1 – Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 20, 2014 10:54 PM EST
It’s a Texas tiff in the first round of the Western Conference Playoffs with Game 1 between the Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs set on Sunday (Monday 3:00 am AEDT).
It’s Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki once again in the postseason as they relive their Texas rivalry to open their playoff campaign this season. Two of the top big men in the past decade or so, the veteran power forwards are still the unquestioned leaders for their respective squads.
NBA: San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks
Duncan’s Spurs have bested all in the 2013-2013 regular season running away with the league’s best record to gain homecourt advantage in all best-of-seven series they’ll play. Nowitzki’s Mavericks have done just enough to win a playoff seat—eighth seed in the tough Western Conference.
Duncan averages 15.1 points per game, 9.7 rebounds and 1.9 blocked shots per game in his 16th season in the NBA. Nowitzki haven’t faltered too; the German logged in 21.7 PPG and 6.2 RPG in 80 games this year, his 15th in the league.
The Spurs are 6th in the league in scoring dropping 105.4 PPG a night led by Tony Parker’s 16.7 PPG. As with any constant in a Greg Popovich's squads, these Spurs share the ball with scoring from everywhere. Starting forward Kawhil Leonard averages 12.8 PPG while Manu Ginobili adds 12.3 PPG off the bench.
Two shooters can also light it up in any given night; Marco Belinelli (11.4 PPG) and Patty Mills (10.8) both average in double-figure scoring and are deadly threats from behind the arc.
Dallas' supporting cast can be as deadly as well. Monta Ellis averages 19.0 PPG and veteran Vince Carter 11.9 markers per outing. Two more veterans also average in double figures, Jose Calderon with 11.4 PPG and Shawn Marion with 10.4 PPG.
It was near domination for the Spurs versus the Mavericks during the regular season. San Antonio swept Dallas, 4-0 with margin of victories of 9, 22, 6 and 9 points.
Watch Game 1 of the Dallas-San Antonio series via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements