NBA Playoffs Preview: West First Round Game 1 – Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 20, 2014 10:54 PM EST
It’s a Texas tiff in the first round of the Western Conference Playoffs with Game 1 between the Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs set on Sunday (Monday 3:00 am AEDT).
It’s Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki once again in the postseason as they relive their Texas rivalry to open their playoff campaign this season. Two of the top big men in the past decade or so, the veteran power forwards are still the unquestioned leaders for their respective squads.
NBA: San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks
Duncan’s Spurs have bested all in the 2013-2013 regular season running away with the league’s best record to gain homecourt advantage in all best-of-seven series they’ll play. Nowitzki’s Mavericks have done just enough to win a playoff seat—eighth seed in the tough Western Conference.
Duncan averages 15.1 points per game, 9.7 rebounds and 1.9 blocked shots per game in his 16th season in the NBA. Nowitzki haven’t faltered too; the German logged in 21.7 PPG and 6.2 RPG in 80 games this year, his 15th in the league.
The Spurs are 6th in the league in scoring dropping 105.4 PPG a night led by Tony Parker’s 16.7 PPG. As with any constant in a Greg Popovich's squads, these Spurs share the ball with scoring from everywhere. Starting forward Kawhil Leonard averages 12.8 PPG while Manu Ginobili adds 12.3 PPG off the bench.
Two shooters can also light it up in any given night; Marco Belinelli (11.4 PPG) and Patty Mills (10.8) both average in double-figure scoring and are deadly threats from behind the arc.
Dallas' supporting cast can be as deadly as well. Monta Ellis averages 19.0 PPG and veteran Vince Carter 11.9 markers per outing. Two more veterans also average in double figures, Jose Calderon with 11.4 PPG and Shawn Marion with 10.4 PPG.
It was near domination for the Spurs versus the Mavericks during the regular season. San Antonio swept Dallas, 4-0 with margin of victories of 9, 22, 6 and 9 points.
Watch Game 1 of the Dallas-San Antonio series via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage