2014 NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs Big Favourites in Postseason Opener
By James Patrick Quizon | April 20, 2014 6:47 PM EST
The Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs opened as huge 9.5-point favourites when they face the Charlotte Bobcats and Dallas Mavericks, respectively on Sunday.
The Heat are seeded 2nd in the East and the Spurs have the best record in the entire league so it’s not a surprise that both teams are chalked as high in their respective playoff openers.
NBA: New York Knicks at Miami Heat
Two other series also begin on Sunday when the Houston Rockets host the Portland Trail Blazers and the Washington Wizards travel to Chicago to take on the Bulls. Both hosts have similar betting lines against the spread; Houston is pegged at -5 while Chicago is favoured by 4.5 points.
The Heat have blanked the Bobcats since the Big 3 era of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh began in Miami in 2010. The trio is 15-0 against the Bobcats, which has yet to win a playoff game in its franchise history.
However, Charlotte is one of the better teams to finish the 2013-2014 regular season. They are 20-9 since the All-Star Break and have depended to net some crucial victories in this playoff run.
Meanwhile, the Spurs have shown similar domination over their first round opponents. San Antonio is 4-0 this year against Texas rivals Mavericks—and all in dominating fashion.
Betting Lines: Charlotte Bobcats (+9.5) vs. Miami Heat (O/U: 188.5)
Game time: 5:30 am AEDT
Charlotte Bobcats Trends
- The Bobcats are 13-6 ATS in their last 19 games
- The Bobcats are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Miami
- The Bobcats are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games vs. East teams
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in the first round of the playoffs
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- The Heat are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
Betting Lines: Dallas Mavericks (+9.5) vs. San Antonio Spurs (O/U: 205.5)
Game time: 3:00 am AEDT
Dallas Mavericks Trends
- The Mavericks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Mavericks are 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games in the first round of the playoffs
- The Mavericks are 47-19 ATS in their last 66 games on the road
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in the first round of the playoffs
- The Spurs are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games at home
- The Spurs are 15-5 ATS in their last 20 games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon