2014 NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs Big Favourites in Postseason Opener
By James Patrick Quizon | April 20, 2014 6:47 PM EST
The Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs opened as huge 9.5-point favourites when they face the Charlotte Bobcats and Dallas Mavericks, respectively on Sunday.
The Heat are seeded 2nd in the East and the Spurs have the best record in the entire league so it’s not a surprise that both teams are chalked as high in their respective playoff openers.
NBA: New York Knicks at Miami Heat
Two other series also begin on Sunday when the Houston Rockets host the Portland Trail Blazers and the Washington Wizards travel to Chicago to take on the Bulls. Both hosts have similar betting lines against the spread; Houston is pegged at -5 while Chicago is favoured by 4.5 points.
The Heat have blanked the Bobcats since the Big 3 era of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh began in Miami in 2010. The trio is 15-0 against the Bobcats, which has yet to win a playoff game in its franchise history.
However, Charlotte is one of the better teams to finish the 2013-2014 regular season. They are 20-9 since the All-Star Break and have depended to net some crucial victories in this playoff run.
Meanwhile, the Spurs have shown similar domination over their first round opponents. San Antonio is 4-0 this year against Texas rivals Mavericks—and all in dominating fashion.
Betting Lines: Charlotte Bobcats (+9.5) vs. Miami Heat (O/U: 188.5)
Game time: 5:30 am AEDT
Charlotte Bobcats Trends
- The Bobcats are 13-6 ATS in their last 19 games
- The Bobcats are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Miami
- The Bobcats are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games vs. East teams
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in the first round of the playoffs
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- The Heat are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
Betting Lines: Dallas Mavericks (+9.5) vs. San Antonio Spurs (O/U: 205.5)
Game time: 3:00 am AEDT
Dallas Mavericks Trends
- The Mavericks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Mavericks are 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games in the first round of the playoffs
- The Mavericks are 47-19 ATS in their last 66 games on the road
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in the first round of the playoffs
- The Spurs are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games at home
- The Spurs are 15-5 ATS in their last 20 games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks