2014 NBA Playoffs Betting Odds and Trends: Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs Big Favourites in Postseason Opener
By James Patrick Quizon | April 20, 2014 6:47 PM EST
The Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs opened as huge 9.5-point favourites when they face the Charlotte Bobcats and Dallas Mavericks, respectively on Sunday.
The Heat are seeded 2nd in the East and the Spurs have the best record in the entire league so it’s not a surprise that both teams are chalked as high in their respective playoff openers.
NBA: New York Knicks at Miami Heat
Two other series also begin on Sunday when the Houston Rockets host the Portland Trail Blazers and the Washington Wizards travel to Chicago to take on the Bulls. Both hosts have similar betting lines against the spread; Houston is pegged at -5 while Chicago is favoured by 4.5 points.
The Heat have blanked the Bobcats since the Big 3 era of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh began in Miami in 2010. The trio is 15-0 against the Bobcats, which has yet to win a playoff game in its franchise history.
However, Charlotte is one of the better teams to finish the 2013-2014 regular season. They are 20-9 since the All-Star Break and have depended to net some crucial victories in this playoff run.
Meanwhile, the Spurs have shown similar domination over their first round opponents. San Antonio is 4-0 this year against Texas rivals Mavericks—and all in dominating fashion.
Betting Lines: Charlotte Bobcats (+9.5) vs. Miami Heat (O/U: 188.5)
Game time: 5:30 am AEDT
Charlotte Bobcats Trends
- The Bobcats are 13-6 ATS in their last 19 games
- The Bobcats are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Miami
- The Bobcats are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games vs. East teams
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in the first round of the playoffs
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- The Heat are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
Betting Lines: Dallas Mavericks (+9.5) vs. San Antonio Spurs (O/U: 205.5)
Game time: 3:00 am AEDT
Dallas Mavericks Trends
- The Mavericks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Mavericks are 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games in the first round of the playoffs
- The Mavericks are 47-19 ATS in their last 66 games on the road
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in the first round of the playoffs
- The Spurs are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games at home
- The Spurs are 15-5 ATS in their last 20 games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports