‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Alia-Arjun Starrer Remains Steady, Beats ‘Gunday’ Overseas in 2 Days
By Ankita Mehta | April 20, 2014 4:57 PM EST
Abhishek Varman's directorial debut "2 States" remained steady on its second day in India, while the collections showed an upward trend in the overseas markets.
The romantic comedy, starring Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor in the lead roles, was released on 2,000 screens in India and over 300 screens overseas.
The film opened well in India on day one due to Good Friday holiday across the country, and it maintained the pace at the box office on its second day. The two-day domestic accumulation of the film now stands at ₹24.55 crore.
"#2States *India* Fri Rs 12.42 cr, Sat 12.13 cr. Total: Rs 24.55 cr nett. India biz. Excellent," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"2 States" is expected to show significant growth in its earnings on Sunday. If it fetches well, the film would break the opening weekend record of Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor's "Gunday". Nonetheless, the film will at least have the third highest opening weekend figures of 2014.
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" earned ₹60.68 crore in its debut weekend, while "Gunday" raked in ₹43.93 crore.
Meanwhile, in the overseas markets, the two-day collection of "2 States" has shattered the opening weekend earnings of "Gunday". The Bhatt-Kapoor starrer opened well at the US-Canada box office and, in just one day, the film raked in ₹2.12 crore ($351,000).
Here is the country-wise breakup of the film's collection at the overseas box office, according to figures provided by Adarsh:
US-Canada: The day one total of the film stands at ₹2.12 crore ($351,000).
UK: The two-day figure of the film, including preview, is ₹1.33 crore (£131,637), while the opening weekend total of "Gunday" was ₹2.14 crore (£206,721).
Australia: The film raked in ₹69.19 lakh (A$122,922) in the first two days, while "Gunday" raked in ₹56.41 lakh (A$100,974) in three days.
New Zealand: The two-day total of the film is ₹25.57 lakh (NZ$ 49,417), while "Gunday" opening weekend total was ₹21.36 lakh (NZ$41,304)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015