‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Alia-Arjun Starrer Remains Steady, Beats ‘Gunday’ Overseas in 2 Days
By Ankita Mehta | April 20, 2014 4:57 PM EST
Abhishek Varman's directorial debut "2 States" remained steady on its second day in India, while the collections showed an upward trend in the overseas markets.
The romantic comedy, starring Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor in the lead roles, was released on 2,000 screens in India and over 300 screens overseas.
The film opened well in India on day one due to Good Friday holiday across the country, and it maintained the pace at the box office on its second day. The two-day domestic accumulation of the film now stands at ₹24.55 crore.
"#2States *India* Fri Rs 12.42 cr, Sat 12.13 cr. Total: Rs 24.55 cr nett. India biz. Excellent," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"2 States" is expected to show significant growth in its earnings on Sunday. If it fetches well, the film would break the opening weekend record of Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor's "Gunday". Nonetheless, the film will at least have the third highest opening weekend figures of 2014.
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" earned ₹60.68 crore in its debut weekend, while "Gunday" raked in ₹43.93 crore.
Meanwhile, in the overseas markets, the two-day collection of "2 States" has shattered the opening weekend earnings of "Gunday". The Bhatt-Kapoor starrer opened well at the US-Canada box office and, in just one day, the film raked in ₹2.12 crore ($351,000).
Here is the country-wise breakup of the film's collection at the overseas box office, according to figures provided by Adarsh:
US-Canada: The day one total of the film stands at ₹2.12 crore ($351,000).
UK: The two-day figure of the film, including preview, is ₹1.33 crore (£131,637), while the opening weekend total of "Gunday" was ₹2.14 crore (£206,721).
Australia: The film raked in ₹69.19 lakh (A$122,922) in the first two days, while "Gunday" raked in ₹56.41 lakh (A$100,974) in three days.
New Zealand: The two-day total of the film is ₹25.57 lakh (NZ$ 49,417), while "Gunday" opening weekend total was ₹21.36 lakh (NZ$41,304)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports