‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Alia-Arjun Starrer Remains Steady, Beats ‘Gunday’ Overseas in 2 Days
By Ankita Mehta | April 20, 2014 4:57 PM EST
Abhishek Varman's directorial debut "2 States" remained steady on its second day in India, while the collections showed an upward trend in the overseas markets.
The romantic comedy, starring Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor in the lead roles, was released on 2,000 screens in India and over 300 screens overseas.
The film opened well in India on day one due to Good Friday holiday across the country, and it maintained the pace at the box office on its second day. The two-day domestic accumulation of the film now stands at ₹24.55 crore.
"#2States *India* Fri Rs 12.42 cr, Sat 12.13 cr. Total: Rs 24.55 cr nett. India biz. Excellent," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"2 States" is expected to show significant growth in its earnings on Sunday. If it fetches well, the film would break the opening weekend record of Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor's "Gunday". Nonetheless, the film will at least have the third highest opening weekend figures of 2014.
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" earned ₹60.68 crore in its debut weekend, while "Gunday" raked in ₹43.93 crore.
Meanwhile, in the overseas markets, the two-day collection of "2 States" has shattered the opening weekend earnings of "Gunday". The Bhatt-Kapoor starrer opened well at the US-Canada box office and, in just one day, the film raked in ₹2.12 crore ($351,000).
Here is the country-wise breakup of the film's collection at the overseas box office, according to figures provided by Adarsh:
US-Canada: The day one total of the film stands at ₹2.12 crore ($351,000).
UK: The two-day figure of the film, including preview, is ₹1.33 crore (£131,637), while the opening weekend total of "Gunday" was ₹2.14 crore (£206,721).
Australia: The film raked in ₹69.19 lakh (A$122,922) in the first two days, while "Gunday" raked in ₹56.41 lakh (A$100,974) in three days.
New Zealand: The two-day total of the film is ₹25.57 lakh (NZ$ 49,417), while "Gunday" opening weekend total was ₹21.36 lakh (NZ$41,304)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown