‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Alia-Arjun Starrer Remains Steady, Beats ‘Gunday’ Overseas in 2 Days
By Ankita Mehta | April 20, 2014 4:57 PM EST
Abhishek Varman's directorial debut "2 States" remained steady on its second day in India, while the collections showed an upward trend in the overseas markets.
The romantic comedy, starring Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor in the lead roles, was released on 2,000 screens in India and over 300 screens overseas.
The film opened well in India on day one due to Good Friday holiday across the country, and it maintained the pace at the box office on its second day. The two-day domestic accumulation of the film now stands at ₹24.55 crore.
"#2States *India* Fri Rs 12.42 cr, Sat 12.13 cr. Total: Rs 24.55 cr nett. India biz. Excellent," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"2 States" is expected to show significant growth in its earnings on Sunday. If it fetches well, the film would break the opening weekend record of Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor's "Gunday". Nonetheless, the film will at least have the third highest opening weekend figures of 2014.
Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" earned ₹60.68 crore in its debut weekend, while "Gunday" raked in ₹43.93 crore.
Meanwhile, in the overseas markets, the two-day collection of "2 States" has shattered the opening weekend earnings of "Gunday". The Bhatt-Kapoor starrer opened well at the US-Canada box office and, in just one day, the film raked in ₹2.12 crore ($351,000).
Here is the country-wise breakup of the film's collection at the overseas box office, according to figures provided by Adarsh:
US-Canada: The day one total of the film stands at ₹2.12 crore ($351,000).
UK: The two-day figure of the film, including preview, is ₹1.33 crore (£131,637), while the opening weekend total of "Gunday" was ₹2.14 crore (£206,721).
Australia: The film raked in ₹69.19 lakh (A$122,922) in the first two days, while "Gunday" raked in ₹56.41 lakh (A$100,974) in three days.
New Zealand: The two-day total of the film is ₹25.57 lakh (NZ$ 49,417), while "Gunday" opening weekend total was ₹21.36 lakh (NZ$41,304)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Proposes To 'Elena Williams' In Promo Trailer For Episode 4 Titled 'Black Hole Sun' [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge