Pokemon X and Y: Hackers Discover Secret Attacks, Mystery of Zygarde Z and 2014 April Friendly Registration Open
By Aditya Bhat | April 20, 2014 4:16 PM EST
Hackers have discovered new secret attacks on Nintendo and The Pokemon Company's hugely popular video game Pokemon X and Y.
These attacks were unearthed by hackers who were digging into the game files where they were discovered. Hackers had previously discovered Diancie, Volcanion, Hoopa, Mega Latios and Mega Latias.
Pokemon X and Y was released on 12 October, 2013.(pokemonxy)
Here are the new secret moves which were discovered (Motoring Crunch):
1. Thousand Waves - features ground attack type with 10 PP, base 90 power and 100 accuracy. The waves will be emerging from the ground and any Pokemon that gets hit will be unable to flee from the battlefield.
2. Thousand Arrows - it is also a ground attack type that can hit any flying Pokemon. This will also be able to unleash the one-hit KO move.
3. Hold Hands - this is not a damaging type of attack. However, players will be able to hold hands with others. But holding hands makes the Pokemon happy.
Nintendo has not confirmed these moves yet but Volcanion is the only one that is on the Poke-block, while the others are yet make an appearance.
Mystery of Zygarde Z
Rumor mills are churning again with the suggestion that the legendary Zygarde will make an appearance in the next game, reportedly named Pokemon Z, after the current Pokemon X and Y.
There have also been assumptions that two of the leaked moves (Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows) might belong to Zygarde, reported Product Reviews.
2014 April Friendly Registration Now Open
Players who would want to test their battle skills in online competitions that will feature players from around the world, now have the chance. This April, Friendly will be featuring single battles, and Pokemon that are in the Kalos Pokedex will be qualified. For the duration of the battle, all the Pokemon that enter will be automatically set to level 50.
Registration will be open till 24 April, said the official Pokemon page.
Players will need the following requirements for battling:
- Pokemon Trainer Club account
- Your copy of the Pokemon X or Pokemon Y video game
- Regulations mentioned in Pokemon Global Link must be read and accepted.
Nintendo announced that Pokemon X and Pokemon Y have collectively sold over 12 million copies on 3DS, becoming the fastest selling title on Nintendo's handheld.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate