NBA Playoffs – West First Round Game 1 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 20, 2014 7:13 AM EST
The last time the Memphis Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder met in a playoff series was in 2013 when the Marc Gasol-led squad drubbed Kevin Durant’s team in just five games to advance to the Western Conference Finals.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder at Milwaukee Bucks
The Grizz and Thunder meet in the first round of the postseason this year with OKC smelling payback even as Durant will be getting extra help from Russell Westbrook, who missed last year’s playoff because of a knee injury.
Durant, perhaps the NBA’s MVP this season, is having a career year with averages of 32.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 5.5 assists in 2013-2014. He’s maintained that to around 30.8 against Memphis in four games this season and shot even better from the field over the Grizz—hitting over 50 per cent from the floor.
Memphis will be led by Spanish center Marc Gasol (14.6 PPG, 7.2 RPG and 1.3 blocked shots per game) and big man Zach Randolph (17.4 PPG and 10.1 RPG).
Grizz point guard Mike Conley (17.2 PPG and 6.0 APG) is also pegged as one of the key players in the series and will be pitted against Westbrook, who is second in OKC’s scoring (21.8 PPG) and adds 6.9 APG and 5.4 RPG.
Memphis-Oklahoma City 2013-2014 NBA Regular Season (Thunder win season series, 3-1)
Thunder 116, Grizzlies 100 (December 11, 2013)
Thunder 87, Grizzlies 90 (January 14, 2014)
Grizzlies 77, Thunder 86 (February 3, 2014)
Grizzlies 107, Thunder 113 (February 28, 2014)
Betting Lines: Memphis Grizzlies (+7.5) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (O/U: 190.0)
Game time: 11:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- The Grizzlies are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Grizzlies are 3-9-1 ATS in their last 13 games after a win
- The Grizzlies are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
- The Grizzlies are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Northwest division teams
- The Grizzlies are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 games vs. West teams
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 8-2-2 ATS in their last 12 games at home
- The Thunder are 12-5-1 ATS in their last 18 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Thunder are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Thunder are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. teams with winning records
- The Thunder are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Memphis
Watch the Grizzlies-Thunder Game 1 Live Streaming via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James