NBA Playoffs – West First Round Game 1 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 20, 2014 7:13 AM EST
The last time the Memphis Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder met in a playoff series was in 2013 when the Marc Gasol-led squad drubbed Kevin Durant’s team in just five games to advance to the Western Conference Finals.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder at Milwaukee Bucks
The Grizz and Thunder meet in the first round of the postseason this year with OKC smelling payback even as Durant will be getting extra help from Russell Westbrook, who missed last year’s playoff because of a knee injury.
Durant, perhaps the NBA’s MVP this season, is having a career year with averages of 32.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 5.5 assists in 2013-2014. He’s maintained that to around 30.8 against Memphis in four games this season and shot even better from the field over the Grizz—hitting over 50 per cent from the floor.
Memphis will be led by Spanish center Marc Gasol (14.6 PPG, 7.2 RPG and 1.3 blocked shots per game) and big man Zach Randolph (17.4 PPG and 10.1 RPG).
Grizz point guard Mike Conley (17.2 PPG and 6.0 APG) is also pegged as one of the key players in the series and will be pitted against Westbrook, who is second in OKC’s scoring (21.8 PPG) and adds 6.9 APG and 5.4 RPG.
Memphis-Oklahoma City 2013-2014 NBA Regular Season (Thunder win season series, 3-1)
Thunder 116, Grizzlies 100 (December 11, 2013)
Thunder 87, Grizzlies 90 (January 14, 2014)
Grizzlies 77, Thunder 86 (February 3, 2014)
Grizzlies 107, Thunder 113 (February 28, 2014)
Betting Lines: Memphis Grizzlies (+7.5) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (O/U: 190.0)
Game time: 11:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- The Grizzlies are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Grizzlies are 3-9-1 ATS in their last 13 games after a win
- The Grizzlies are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
- The Grizzlies are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Northwest division teams
- The Grizzlies are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 games vs. West teams
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 8-2-2 ATS in their last 12 games at home
- The Thunder are 12-5-1 ATS in their last 18 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Thunder are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Thunder are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. teams with winning records
- The Thunder are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Memphis
Watch the Grizzlies-Thunder Game 1 Live Streaming via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail: