NBA Playoffs – West First Round Game 1 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 20, 2014 7:13 AM EST
The last time the Memphis Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder met in a playoff series was in 2013 when the Marc Gasol-led squad drubbed Kevin Durant’s team in just five games to advance to the Western Conference Finals.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder at Milwaukee Bucks
The Grizz and Thunder meet in the first round of the postseason this year with OKC smelling payback even as Durant will be getting extra help from Russell Westbrook, who missed last year’s playoff because of a knee injury.
Durant, perhaps the NBA’s MVP this season, is having a career year with averages of 32.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 5.5 assists in 2013-2014. He’s maintained that to around 30.8 against Memphis in four games this season and shot even better from the field over the Grizz—hitting over 50 per cent from the floor.
Memphis will be led by Spanish center Marc Gasol (14.6 PPG, 7.2 RPG and 1.3 blocked shots per game) and big man Zach Randolph (17.4 PPG and 10.1 RPG).
Grizz point guard Mike Conley (17.2 PPG and 6.0 APG) is also pegged as one of the key players in the series and will be pitted against Westbrook, who is second in OKC’s scoring (21.8 PPG) and adds 6.9 APG and 5.4 RPG.
Memphis-Oklahoma City 2013-2014 NBA Regular Season (Thunder win season series, 3-1)
Thunder 116, Grizzlies 100 (December 11, 2013)
Thunder 87, Grizzlies 90 (January 14, 2014)
Grizzlies 77, Thunder 86 (February 3, 2014)
Grizzlies 107, Thunder 113 (February 28, 2014)
Betting Lines: Memphis Grizzlies (+7.5) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (O/U: 190.0)
Game time: 11:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- The Grizzlies are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Grizzlies are 3-9-1 ATS in their last 13 games after a win
- The Grizzlies are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
- The Grizzlies are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Northwest division teams
- The Grizzlies are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 games vs. West teams
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 8-2-2 ATS in their last 12 games at home
- The Thunder are 12-5-1 ATS in their last 18 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Thunder are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Thunder are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. teams with winning records
- The Thunder are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Memphis
Watch the Grizzlies-Thunder Game 1 Live Streaming via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports