NBA Playoffs – West First Round Game 1 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 20, 2014 7:13 AM EST
The last time the Memphis Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder met in a playoff series was in 2013 when the Marc Gasol-led squad drubbed Kevin Durant’s team in just five games to advance to the Western Conference Finals.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder at Milwaukee Bucks
The Grizz and Thunder meet in the first round of the postseason this year with OKC smelling payback even as Durant will be getting extra help from Russell Westbrook, who missed last year’s playoff because of a knee injury.
Durant, perhaps the NBA’s MVP this season, is having a career year with averages of 32.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 5.5 assists in 2013-2014. He’s maintained that to around 30.8 against Memphis in four games this season and shot even better from the field over the Grizz—hitting over 50 per cent from the floor.
Memphis will be led by Spanish center Marc Gasol (14.6 PPG, 7.2 RPG and 1.3 blocked shots per game) and big man Zach Randolph (17.4 PPG and 10.1 RPG).
Grizz point guard Mike Conley (17.2 PPG and 6.0 APG) is also pegged as one of the key players in the series and will be pitted against Westbrook, who is second in OKC’s scoring (21.8 PPG) and adds 6.9 APG and 5.4 RPG.
Memphis-Oklahoma City 2013-2014 NBA Regular Season (Thunder win season series, 3-1)
Thunder 116, Grizzlies 100 (December 11, 2013)
Thunder 87, Grizzlies 90 (January 14, 2014)
Grizzlies 77, Thunder 86 (February 3, 2014)
Grizzlies 107, Thunder 113 (February 28, 2014)
Betting Lines: Memphis Grizzlies (+7.5) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (O/U: 190.0)
Game time: 11:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- The Grizzlies are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Grizzlies are 3-9-1 ATS in their last 13 games after a win
- The Grizzlies are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
- The Grizzlies are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Northwest division teams
- The Grizzlies are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 games vs. West teams
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 8-2-2 ATS in their last 12 games at home
- The Thunder are 12-5-1 ATS in their last 18 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Thunder are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Thunder are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. teams with winning records
- The Thunder are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Memphis
Watch the Grizzlies-Thunder Game 1 Live Streaming via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch