NBA Playoffs – West First Round Game 1 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 20, 2014 7:13 AM EST
The last time the Memphis Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder met in a playoff series was in 2013 when the Marc Gasol-led squad drubbed Kevin Durant’s team in just five games to advance to the Western Conference Finals.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder at Milwaukee Bucks
The Grizz and Thunder meet in the first round of the postseason this year with OKC smelling payback even as Durant will be getting extra help from Russell Westbrook, who missed last year’s playoff because of a knee injury.
Durant, perhaps the NBA’s MVP this season, is having a career year with averages of 32.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 5.5 assists in 2013-2014. He’s maintained that to around 30.8 against Memphis in four games this season and shot even better from the field over the Grizz—hitting over 50 per cent from the floor.
Memphis will be led by Spanish center Marc Gasol (14.6 PPG, 7.2 RPG and 1.3 blocked shots per game) and big man Zach Randolph (17.4 PPG and 10.1 RPG).
Grizz point guard Mike Conley (17.2 PPG and 6.0 APG) is also pegged as one of the key players in the series and will be pitted against Westbrook, who is second in OKC’s scoring (21.8 PPG) and adds 6.9 APG and 5.4 RPG.
Memphis-Oklahoma City 2013-2014 NBA Regular Season (Thunder win season series, 3-1)
Thunder 116, Grizzlies 100 (December 11, 2013)
Thunder 87, Grizzlies 90 (January 14, 2014)
Grizzlies 77, Thunder 86 (February 3, 2014)
Grizzlies 107, Thunder 113 (February 28, 2014)
Betting Lines: Memphis Grizzlies (+7.5) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (O/U: 190.0)
Game time: 11:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- The Grizzlies are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Grizzlies are 3-9-1 ATS in their last 13 games after a win
- The Grizzlies are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
- The Grizzlies are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Northwest division teams
- The Grizzlies are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 games vs. West teams
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 8-2-2 ATS in their last 12 games at home
- The Thunder are 12-5-1 ATS in their last 18 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Thunder are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Thunder are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. teams with winning records
- The Thunder are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Memphis
Watch the Grizzlies-Thunder Game 1 Live Streaming via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)