Watch IPL 7 Video: KKR vs Delhi Daredevils and Duminy's Stunning Innings Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 20, 2014 4:52 AM EST
Delhi Daredevils pulled off a stunning victory over the Kolkata Knight Riders, hauling down a stiff target of 166 courtesy some brilliant batting from JP Duminy.
KKR, with their formidable bowling lineup, were in prime position to pick up their second win in two games, after Manish Pandey and Robin Uthappa guided them to a score of over 160.
"Once you get 165 on any kind of wicket you feel you are in with a chance with the kind of attack we have," said KKR skipper Gautam Gambhir, who fell for a second consecutive duck.
"JP played an unbelievable innings, but apparently there was some dew, and it gets difficult for the spinners when there is some dew."
Dinesh Karthik, again leading the Daredevils with Kevin Pietersen still recovering from a finger injury, set the chase up with a nice half-century, but there was still plenty of work to be done when he fell to Sunil Narine in the 15th over.
Duminy, though, stepped up brilliantly, scoring the boundaries at the right time, including taking South African teammate Morne Morkel for 21 runs in one over.
The left-hander finished the game off with a typically wonderful six as the Daredevils celebrated a much-needed win.
"I was not calm on the inside that is for sure," Duminy, who looked cool as a cucumber said. "I kept communicating with my partner at the other end, to keep myself calm.
"At a certain point you have to target certain bowlers that you fancy yourself to take on. As anyone would know, [Sunil] Narine is not the one you want to take on. But, it wasn't a plan [to target Morne]. I was lucky, he is a quality bowler and am sure next time we play he will try to get my head off."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Vince McMahon Wants To Pair Sting With The Undertaker For Wrestlemania 31, Triple H Demanding The Sting Match-Up
- UAE Investment Group Ups Ante, Makes It $120M For Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Fight Manny Pacquiao In Abu Dhabi
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wins By Decision Over Manny Pacquiao, But Filipino Will Hurt American In Their Super Fight Says Antonio Tarver
- Rafael Nadal Ready To Compete At Australian Open After Appendectomy
- Tennis News: Roger Federer Names Michael Jordan, Michael Schumacher As Among His Inspirations On How To Stay On Top Of His Game