Watch IPL 7 Match 5 Video: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Mumbai Indians Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 20, 2014 12:34 AM EST
The Royal Challengers Bangalore continued their merry way, winning their second straight game in IPL, thumping the Mumbai Indians by seven wickets.
RCB's much vaunted batting lineup was not the one that had to show their prowess yet again with the much less heralded bowling unit fashioning a convincing win.
The Bangalore side's bowlers restricted the Mumbai Indians to just 115 for nine in their 20 overs, with the defending champs yet again failing to find their rhythm wielding the willow.
RCB were put under a little pressure early on in the chase with Zaheer Khan and Lasith Malinga picking up three wickets between them to put the batting side on 17 for three, but AB De Villiers and Parthiv Patel put on a match-winning unbeaten stand for the fourth wicket to ease their side home with 15 balls to spare and consign Mumbai Indians to a second consecutive loss.
"Two-nil is a lovely feeling," RCB captain Virat Kohli said. "There was a nervous moment or two there, but there were [more] positives. AB getting in early and getting a hit, and PP batting well."
Rohit Sharma admitted MI were always going to struggle to keep the formidable RCB batting lineup to a score below 115.
"We were short on the runs," MI skipper Rohit Sharma said. "The bowlers gave us some chance and we were in the game for the first 8-9 overs [of the second innings], but they put on a big partnership and took the game away.
"We need to go back and see what we can do to improve our form. Time has not reached to worry yet, as I'm confident things will fall in place. We have the ability and the potential. We should believe we have the team that can turn this around and I hope the batsmen put up a show in the coming few games."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy