Watch IPL 7 Match 5 Video: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Mumbai Indians Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 20, 2014 12:34 AM EST
The Royal Challengers Bangalore continued their merry way, winning their second straight game in IPL, thumping the Mumbai Indians by seven wickets.
RCB's much vaunted batting lineup was not the one that had to show their prowess yet again with the much less heralded bowling unit fashioning a convincing win.
The Bangalore side's bowlers restricted the Mumbai Indians to just 115 for nine in their 20 overs, with the defending champs yet again failing to find their rhythm wielding the willow.
RCB were put under a little pressure early on in the chase with Zaheer Khan and Lasith Malinga picking up three wickets between them to put the batting side on 17 for three, but AB De Villiers and Parthiv Patel put on a match-winning unbeaten stand for the fourth wicket to ease their side home with 15 balls to spare and consign Mumbai Indians to a second consecutive loss.
"Two-nil is a lovely feeling," RCB captain Virat Kohli said. "There was a nervous moment or two there, but there were [more] positives. AB getting in early and getting a hit, and PP batting well."
Rohit Sharma admitted MI were always going to struggle to keep the formidable RCB batting lineup to a score below 115.
"We were short on the runs," MI skipper Rohit Sharma said. "The bowlers gave us some chance and we were in the game for the first 8-9 overs [of the second innings], but they put on a big partnership and took the game away.
"We need to go back and see what we can do to improve our form. Time has not reached to worry yet, as I'm confident things will fall in place. We have the ability and the potential. We should believe we have the team that can turn this around and I hope the batsmen put up a show in the coming few games."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales