Watch IPL 7 Match 5 Video: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Mumbai Indians Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 20, 2014 12:34 AM EST
The Royal Challengers Bangalore continued their merry way, winning their second straight game in IPL, thumping the Mumbai Indians by seven wickets.
RCB's much vaunted batting lineup was not the one that had to show their prowess yet again with the much less heralded bowling unit fashioning a convincing win.
The Bangalore side's bowlers restricted the Mumbai Indians to just 115 for nine in their 20 overs, with the defending champs yet again failing to find their rhythm wielding the willow.
RCB were put under a little pressure early on in the chase with Zaheer Khan and Lasith Malinga picking up three wickets between them to put the batting side on 17 for three, but AB De Villiers and Parthiv Patel put on a match-winning unbeaten stand for the fourth wicket to ease their side home with 15 balls to spare and consign Mumbai Indians to a second consecutive loss.
"Two-nil is a lovely feeling," RCB captain Virat Kohli said. "There was a nervous moment or two there, but there were [more] positives. AB getting in early and getting a hit, and PP batting well."
Rohit Sharma admitted MI were always going to struggle to keep the formidable RCB batting lineup to a score below 115.
"We were short on the runs," MI skipper Rohit Sharma said. "The bowlers gave us some chance and we were in the game for the first 8-9 overs [of the second innings], but they put on a big partnership and took the game away.
"We need to go back and see what we can do to improve our form. Time has not reached to worry yet, as I'm confident things will fall in place. We have the ability and the potential. We should believe we have the team that can turn this around and I hope the batsmen put up a show in the coming few games."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims