Watch IPL 7 Match 5 Video: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Mumbai Indians Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 20, 2014 12:34 AM EST
The Royal Challengers Bangalore continued their merry way, winning their second straight game in IPL, thumping the Mumbai Indians by seven wickets.
RCB's much vaunted batting lineup was not the one that had to show their prowess yet again with the much less heralded bowling unit fashioning a convincing win.
The Bangalore side's bowlers restricted the Mumbai Indians to just 115 for nine in their 20 overs, with the defending champs yet again failing to find their rhythm wielding the willow.
RCB were put under a little pressure early on in the chase with Zaheer Khan and Lasith Malinga picking up three wickets between them to put the batting side on 17 for three, but AB De Villiers and Parthiv Patel put on a match-winning unbeaten stand for the fourth wicket to ease their side home with 15 balls to spare and consign Mumbai Indians to a second consecutive loss.
"Two-nil is a lovely feeling," RCB captain Virat Kohli said. "There was a nervous moment or two there, but there were [more] positives. AB getting in early and getting a hit, and PP batting well."
Rohit Sharma admitted MI were always going to struggle to keep the formidable RCB batting lineup to a score below 115.
"We were short on the runs," MI skipper Rohit Sharma said. "The bowlers gave us some chance and we were in the game for the first 8-9 overs [of the second innings], but they put on a big partnership and took the game away.
"We need to go back and see what we can do to improve our form. Time has not reached to worry yet, as I'm confident things will fall in place. We have the ability and the potential. We should believe we have the team that can turn this around and I hope the batsmen put up a show in the coming few games."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS