Loch Ness Monster Alive? Amateur Nessie Hunters Capture Giant Creature Under Water
By Ankita Mehta | April 19, 2014 7:10 PM EST
Loch Ness monster, also called Nessie, has reportedly been spotted again after more than a year.
Loch Ness Monster is Alive? Amateur Nessie Hunters Captures Giant Creature Under Water
Amateur Nessie hunters have captured images of a giant creature under water, using Apple maps from space. Peter Thain and Andy Dixon took the photographs of the monster from space using iPhone's satellite map app.
Earlier this year, there were reports that the beast might have been dead, since it has not been spotted for over a year. But the recent images have given hope to the amateur Nessie hunters.
A 100 ft long creature with two giant flippers was spotted by Thain and Dixon near south of Dores, Scotland.
Experts at the Official Loch Ness Monster Fan Club studied the images for around six months, Daily Mail reported. The officials finally concluded that the creature is 'likely' to be Loch Ness Monster.
"We've been looking at it for a long time trying to work out exactly what it is. It looks like a boat wake, but the boat is missing. You can see some boats moored at the shore, but there isn't one here. We've shown it to boat experts and they don't know what it is," Gary Campbell, who keeps a record of Nessie's sighting, told the website.
"Whatever this is, it is under the water and heading south, so unless there have been secret submarine trials going on in the loch, the size of the object would make it likely to be Nessie."
Campbell also pointed out that the logical explanations of it being a floating log or a seal causing ripples could not be accounted for as the size of the creature in the pictures is too big.
The monster was first spotted in A.D.565, but it was only in 1933 that a photograph of the Loch Ness monster was published for the first time ever.
In the last 1500 years, the beast has been sighted more than 1036 times, according to Mirror.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports