Loch Ness Monster Alive? Amateur Nessie Hunters Capture Giant Creature Under Water
By Ankita Mehta | April 19, 2014 7:10 PM EST
Loch Ness monster, also called Nessie, has reportedly been spotted again after more than a year.
Loch Ness Monster is Alive? Amateur Nessie Hunters Captures Giant Creature Under Water
Amateur Nessie hunters have captured images of a giant creature under water, using Apple maps from space. Peter Thain and Andy Dixon took the photographs of the monster from space using iPhone's satellite map app.
Earlier this year, there were reports that the beast might have been dead, since it has not been spotted for over a year. But the recent images have given hope to the amateur Nessie hunters.
A 100 ft long creature with two giant flippers was spotted by Thain and Dixon near south of Dores, Scotland.
Experts at the Official Loch Ness Monster Fan Club studied the images for around six months, Daily Mail reported. The officials finally concluded that the creature is 'likely' to be Loch Ness Monster.
"We've been looking at it for a long time trying to work out exactly what it is. It looks like a boat wake, but the boat is missing. You can see some boats moored at the shore, but there isn't one here. We've shown it to boat experts and they don't know what it is," Gary Campbell, who keeps a record of Nessie's sighting, told the website.
"Whatever this is, it is under the water and heading south, so unless there have been secret submarine trials going on in the loch, the size of the object would make it likely to be Nessie."
Campbell also pointed out that the logical explanations of it being a floating log or a seal causing ripples could not be accounted for as the size of the creature in the pictures is too big.
The monster was first spotted in A.D.565, but it was only in 1933 that a photograph of the Loch Ness monster was published for the first time ever.
In the last 1500 years, the beast has been sighted more than 1036 times, according to Mirror.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Afghan Pizza Man Shot Dead in Canada
- At What Age Do Boys And Girls Look Best To Each Other?
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date