Watch IPL 7 Match 3 Video: Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab and Maxwell Innings Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 19, 2014 12:59 AM EST
Glenn Maxwell was the star as the Kings XI Punjab pulled off a memorable victory over the Chennai Super Kings in a humdinger of an IPL 7 game on Friday in Abu Dhabi.
Maxwell was unstoppable, scoring 95 in just 43 deliveries to help Kings XI make a target of 206 look like 106.
"I play with the bowler to try and upset the bowler and find the gaps," Maxwell, who brought out a wide array of shots, particularly the reverse-sweep said during the presentation ceremony after expectedly winning the man of the match award.
"Feels pretty good to chase down 200+ against Chennai, they're a pretty good team. Hopefully the batsmen can keep it up and the bowlers can chip in as well."
The Chennai Super Kings would have thought they had a win wrapped up after their first innings, which saw openers Brendon McCullum and Dwayne Smith catch fire, but MS Dhoni admitted his side had been outplayed by Kings XI on a batting paradise.
"When you score 200, you have to remember the opposition has every chance of scoring it as well," Dhoni said. "It was a fantastic wicket, and they batted really well. We should have done better with the ball, though.
"The batsmen did their job, but the bowlers should have had different plans for different individuals. The margin of error is very small in these pitches. Overall it was difficult for the bowlers, as there was not much spin as well. The game was down to the batsmen, we did well, but they beat us fair and square."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider