The Last of Us: Grounded Bundle DLC to Include Maps, Weapons and More Details
By Aditya Bhat | April 18, 2014 10:22 PM EST
Naughty Dog's survival horror video game, The Last of Us has announced details of the upcoming final season pass downloadable content (DLC), Grounded Bundle.
The DLC will be inclusive of a new mode, trophies, maps, weapons and survival skills. "Grounded Mode will be the hardest challenge you'll ever face as you try to complete the single player campaign of The Last of Us. The AI is relentless, smart and brutal - survival will be near impossible," said Eric Monacelli, community strategist at Naughty Dog in a blog post.
The Last of Us gets a new Grounded Bundle DLC.
The DLC will introduce players to four new map packs namely Wharf, Capitol, Coal Mine and Water Tower.
Warf - This is set in 'rusted-out docks' and features close quarters battles. There are two sniper nest and a giant boat. Players have to make use of climbing, flanking and stealth features.
Capitol - The map is set in Boston and will feature both indoor and outdoor battles. Players have to make use of flanking to win.
Coal Mine - This map is set in Colorado and in the winter season. Players will come across lot of abandoned buildings and a bridge that is best suited for snipers. Players must also beware of the snowstorm that will blur their vision.
Water Tower - This map is set in Lincoln, Pennsylvaia and is designed for face-to face battles. Though mainly featuring outdoor maps, it will also have indoor setups.
These maps, the post climes are "set in location that will be familiar, yet unfamiliar to players of the single player campaign" and players have to cleverly use climbing, stealth, flanking and all the clan survival techniques they know off to master these maps.
The DLC's Survivalist Weapon Bundle will introduce players to four new weapons like Specter (silenced assault rifle), Double Barrel (double-barrel shotgun), Enforcer (pistol), and Launcher (home-made potato gun). Each of these guns have special characteristic and players will have to balance carefully to fit the occasion.
However, all players that includes people who do not have a season pass will get a new gun - the Full-Auto Rifle, for free. This gun is a fully automatic, modified burst rifle.
Survival Skills Bundles
The game has two skills bundles:
- Situational Survival Skills Bundle - This contains survival skills like Agility, Awareness, Fortitude and Scavenger.
- Professional Survival Skills Bundle - This contains survival skills like Gunslinger, Bomb Expert, Executioner and Damage Marker.
Grounded Mode DLC will cost $4.99, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack that will have four maps will cost $9.99, Grounded Bundle with guns and sills will cost $5.99 and Survival Skills bundles cost $3.99.
Image credit: thelastofus.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase