'Thala 55': Vivek to Work in Ajith-Gautham Menon's Film
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 18, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Here is one more addition to the interesting cast list of Ajith-Gautham Menon's "Thala 55."
Comedian Vivek has confirmed his presence in Ajith's upcoming film with director Gautham.
உங்க நல்ல மனங்களுக்கு நன்றி. Baba is great. I will do my work as best as possible with Ajith n Goutham.— Vivekh actor (@Actor_Vivek) April 18, 2014
The big budget entertainer is getting bigger and better almost every passing day.
The film, which went on floors on 11 April, has Ajith, Anushka Shetty and Arun Vijay in pivotal roles, Now, actor Vivek's inclusion in the film's cast list will be an added attraction to the project.
Vivek has worked with Gautham in his debut flick "Minnale," co-starring with Madhavan. After nearly 13 years, the actor is all set to team with the director for the second time in "Thala 55." Interestingly, Vivek has worked with Ajith in several films including "Vaali," "Kireedam" and "Poovellam Un Vaasam."
It will be interesting to see what kind of role Vivek will be playing in "Thala 55," which is deemed as an action thriller. The film will reportedly have Ajith appearing in the role of a police officer, while Arun Vijay plays the antagonist role.
Music composer Harris Jayaraj has reunited with Gautham after nearly six years as they last worked for the 2008-release "Vaaranam Aayiram." The duo has come up with some popular albums in the past and are expected to re-create their magic with "Thala 55."
The director has confirmed that the film will have six songs. "Six songs coming up. Harris jayaraj 'in the house' ladies and gentlemen. I'm happy to announce that we are back together to make music," Gautham tweeted.
The film's cinematography is handled by Dan MacArthur, who is also the DOP for Gautham-Simbu film. On his Twitter page, MacArthur has praised Ajith as an "extremely polite gentlemen and a joy to work with." He has also given some updates about the big budget project, produced by AM Ratnam.
Finished 3 days of fight scene. Some very cool stuff. Recovering from night shoots— Dan Macarthur (@danmac711) April 18, 2014
The Ajith starrer is yet to get a title. Buzz is that the film's team is planning to name it "Aayiram Thottakal" ("1000 bullets"), but there is no official confirmation on the same. The title is expected to be revealed on 1 May, which happens to be Ajith's birthday.
Photo credit: Facebook/Veeram
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June