'Thala 55': Vivek to Work in Ajith-Gautham Menon's Film
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 18, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Here is one more addition to the interesting cast list of Ajith-Gautham Menon's "Thala 55."
Comedian Vivek has confirmed his presence in Ajith's upcoming film with director Gautham.
உங்க நல்ல மனங்களுக்கு நன்றி. Baba is great. I will do my work as best as possible with Ajith n Goutham.— Vivekh actor (@Actor_Vivek) April 18, 2014
The big budget entertainer is getting bigger and better almost every passing day.
The film, which went on floors on 11 April, has Ajith, Anushka Shetty and Arun Vijay in pivotal roles, Now, actor Vivek's inclusion in the film's cast list will be an added attraction to the project.
Vivek has worked with Gautham in his debut flick "Minnale," co-starring with Madhavan. After nearly 13 years, the actor is all set to team with the director for the second time in "Thala 55." Interestingly, Vivek has worked with Ajith in several films including "Vaali," "Kireedam" and "Poovellam Un Vaasam."
It will be interesting to see what kind of role Vivek will be playing in "Thala 55," which is deemed as an action thriller. The film will reportedly have Ajith appearing in the role of a police officer, while Arun Vijay plays the antagonist role.
Music composer Harris Jayaraj has reunited with Gautham after nearly six years as they last worked for the 2008-release "Vaaranam Aayiram." The duo has come up with some popular albums in the past and are expected to re-create their magic with "Thala 55."
The director has confirmed that the film will have six songs. "Six songs coming up. Harris jayaraj 'in the house' ladies and gentlemen. I'm happy to announce that we are back together to make music," Gautham tweeted.
The film's cinematography is handled by Dan MacArthur, who is also the DOP for Gautham-Simbu film. On his Twitter page, MacArthur has praised Ajith as an "extremely polite gentlemen and a joy to work with." He has also given some updates about the big budget project, produced by AM Ratnam.
Finished 3 days of fight scene. Some very cool stuff. Recovering from night shoots— Dan Macarthur (@danmac711) April 18, 2014
The Ajith starrer is yet to get a title. Buzz is that the film's team is planning to name it "Aayiram Thottakal" ("1000 bullets"), but there is no official confirmation on the same. The title is expected to be revealed on 1 May, which happens to be Ajith's birthday.
Photo credit: Facebook/Veeram
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop